• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: glock-coma on August 11, 2016, 03:38:54 PM
Shipping is $76 to Ohio which brings the total to $312. Sweet deal.
But they're 2012 production date....:/
Like you're not gonna burn 'em out in 2 years, LOL!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

thmullan

Re-Blacked all my trim with flexidip and undertook the gruelling install of my Weathertech Mats.  ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Tuxedo Black Metallic SHO
AirRaid CAI, SW Downpipes, Corsa exhaust. 

2014 Honda CBR 1000RR
1968 Chrysler 300 TNT Convertible

SHOdded

Yeah it's a real PITA getting those Mats to sit just right LOL
Quote from: thmullan on August 13, 2016, 09:28:28 AM
Re-Blacked all my trim with flexidip and undertook the gruelling install of my Weathertech Mats.  ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AnotherGreenFusion

Flatout 5700 Series CD4 Coilovers

Improved the handling a little bit ;-)
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

Ooooooo ... shiny ... me likey :D  Looks great!  Make good use of 'em ...

ZSHO

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 13, 2016, 05:10:39 PM

Flatout 5700 Series CD4 Coilovers

Improved the handling a little bit ;-)
Definitely looks great on there.....any issues with the alignment? enjoy.  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Nothing big here.  Just pulled the IAT sensor and MAP sensors to clean with CRC electronic cleaner.  Mostly wanted to see if there was any oil residue on the IAT sensor from the newly installed K&N.  Been in for about 200 miles.  This is like the 15th car dating back to the late 80's that I have used a drop in K&N on without issue.  I swear that the issues that you hear about must come from people that just way over oil the things.  Knock on wood, I have never had a MAF sensor or any other sensor in the intake tract fail on any car.  Maybe I'm just really lucky.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: ZSHO on August 13, 2016, 11:13:14 PM
Definitely looks great on there.....any issues with the alignment? enjoy.  Z   :thumb:

Nothing serious that makes it unsafe to drive, need to get in to a shop for an alignment once I figure out how to get the ride height to be what I want in the rear. I am new to coilovers so I feel I am poking around in the dark even with all the info out there.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 14, 2016, 11:03:04 AM

Nothing serious that makes it unsafe to drive, need to get in to a shop for an alignment once I figure out how to get the ride height to be what I want in the rear. I am new to coilovers so I feel I am poking around in the dark even with all the info out there.

http://www.meganracing.com/tech/faqs.asp?id=84&subject=CDK:%20%20To%20corner-balance

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 14, 2016, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 14, 2016, 11:03:04 AM

http://www.meganracing.com/tech/faqs.asp?id=84&subject=CDK:%20%20To%20corner-balance

Thanks, watched a video on corner balancing that while beyond what I am doing now these were both helpful. Managed to get the rough ride height adjusted to almost perfect but I am still trying to understand how to control the feedback from the rear. I would like to avoid cutting the bumpstops so I am hoping messing with dampening will help.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

Gjkrisa

Hi should of posted and looked sooner but winter is coming up still need to install the battery changer transmission heater, oil pan heater and thinking of Installing a coolant circulator.
I had bought the car with a engine block heater already.
Curious anyone done this themselves how they run the wires?
what did you use?
Most of all where are you storing your plug.
I wanted to try getting a fusion fog light or MTz fog light bezel that also has the plastic cover and plug built in but haven't gotten around to actually ordering and seeing if they would fit with minimal fabrication. After a few weeks of comments I'll order them if now one has tried it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

bpd1151

I never found it necessary to install any of the items you've listed.

And during the course of several winter seasons with my SHO motoring around here in CHI-Town and NW Indiana & Michigan, where actual temps have been below zero..... never had any problems.

IMHO I'd invest your money in other mods, before any of these.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

92BlackGT

well, being that he is above the arctic circle would merit many of these items.
sorry OP, can't help you as I have only lived in Phoenix and OKC
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

How low do the temperatures get?  You can up the ethylene antifreeze % slightly to a 60-40 ratio to protect to -60F or so.  Max is 70-30, but that's not recommended even for Alaska, it seems.  This is an article for boats, but same principles:
https://seagrant.uaf.edu/bookstore/boatkeeper/coolants.pdf
Antifreeze tables for ethylene glycol based products:
http://www.magers.org/handy/antifreeze.html
https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/quickref/ethylene.pdf
Comparison of ethylene and propylene glycol products:

If you switch out to a propylene glycol based coolant/antifreeze like this Amsoil product, it will protect even up to 100% coolant:
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/antifreeze/low-toxicity-antifreeze-and-engine-coolant/

PEAK also has a product called SIERRA:
http://images.peakauto.com/sierra_specs.pdf