• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSS

Well, what I did to my Ecoboost this week is give it to my son.  The car literally looks brand-new still, he's absolutely in love with it, and my wife wanted him to have an all-wheel-drive vehicle for when he heads to dental school. 

So we traded in his car, a 2014 Impala LTZ limited (with 36,000 miles on it), for a new (Certified) vehicle for me.  So, we still have the Lincoln in the household, but it's not my daily driver anymore. One of the best cars I have ever owned all around. Right up to the day I gave it to him, even though I have had it for so long, it still put a smile on my face. I have now passed the torch to him, and he hasn't stopped smiling since.

I bought a 2017 Cadillac certified XTS PLATINUM V-Sport (3.6 TT AWD - 410 hp from the factory)with 11,200 miles on it from the Cadillac dealer. One owner (not lease).   Adaptive cruise control, heads-up display, configurable dash, articulating adaptive headlights, massaging seats, platinum package includes every option available plus: pseudo-suede headliner, leather wrapped dashboard, etc

Currently looking into tuning options, because I can't have my son driving a faster car than me! LOL 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

802SHO

Quote from: TSS on July 01, 2019, 12:26:56 PM
Well, what I did to my Ecoboost this week is give it to my son.  The car literally looks brand-new still, he's absolutely in love with it, and my wife wanted him to have an all-wheel-drive vehicle for when he heads to dental school. 

So we traded in his car, a 2014 Impala LTZ limited (with 36,000 miles on it), for a new (Certified) vehicle for me.  So, we still have the Lincoln in the household, but it's not my daily driver anymore. One of the best cars I have ever owned all around. Right up to the day I gave it to him, even though I have had it for so long, it still put a smile on my face. I have now passed the torch to him, and he hasn't stopped smiling since.

I bought a 2017 Cadillac certified XTS PLATINUM V-Sport (3.6 TT AWD - 410 hp from the factory)with 11,200 miles on it from the Cadillac dealer. One owner (not lease).   Adaptive cruise control, heads-up display, configurable dash, articulating adaptive headlights, massaging seats, platinum package includes every option available plus: pseudo-suede headliner, leather wrapped dashboard, etc

Currently looking into tuning options, because I can't have my son driving a faster car than me! LOL

That put a smile on my face just reading it!  Your son is one lucky kid to have a Dad like you and equally so a son responsible enough to be trusted to keep the Lincoln going strong!  And congratulations on your new whip!  That 3.6 TT will awaken with just a tune
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

Time to show your son you are still the BOSS :D  Glad the MKS is staying in the family and have fun with the XTS.  Keep us posted!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

92BlackGT

ughh, driving into work at 330 this morning a truck kicked a rock out to the side and hit my passenger front window. I was 2 lanes over from it and even with the back of its trailer. it scared the piss out of me and the outer part of the window is spider cracked. now I get to look for new glass, yay!
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

:o  Lots of damage going around lately.  Warzone even, I would say.  Glad you and the SHO are kinda OK :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Black Dream

Quote from: TSS on July 01, 2019, 12:26:56 PM

I will agree that your son's a lucky guy to have a cool dad, that's awesome.  Do you think the tuned MKS is faster than your stock Caddy or was that meant in jest, I'm curious.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

StealBlueSho

Dirty as heck... but new center caps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Dream

Not today but finished my 10 hour project of putting a ceramic coating on my MKS this week.  Always a big fan of Optimum products, I prepped, buffed, and polished the beast finishing with a coat of Optimum Gloss coat.  The shine is incredible with water sheeting off instead of just beading, the GC is hydrophobic and repels water.  I did this over a year ago on the GTO and a year later it looked and worked like it did when it was first applied.  Gloss Coat is the consumer version of their Opti-Coat ceramic coating which is only sold to licensed Opti-Coat dealers.  GC should last 2-3 years with OC lasting 3-5.  I'll post up a separate thread when she's completely washed and can get some killer pictures.

I also de-badged the rear yesterday and added a new badge to the trunk that I found on ebay.  I wanted something understated and found a perfect choice.  LMK what you think of it, I really like it. I also bought a pair of OEM looking badges that say EcoBeast instead of Ecoboost, one will go on y toolbox and not sure if the other will ever see the car.  Only time will tell, they should be here in a couple of days.  Party on..... :D

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

SM105K

Quote from: Black Dream on July 07, 2019, 11:21:22 PM
Not today but finished my 10 hour project of putting a ceramic coating on my MKS this week.  Always a big fan of Optimum products, I prepped, buffed, and polished the beast finishing with a coat of Optimum Gloss coat.  The shine is incredible with water sheeting off instead of just beading, the GC is hydrophobic and repels water.  I did this over a year ago on the GTO and a year later it looked and worked like it did when it was first applied.  Gloss Coat is the consumer version of their Opti-Coat ceramic coating which is only sold to licensed Opti-Coat dealers.  GC should last 2-3 years with OC lasting 3-5.  I'll post up a separate thread when she's completely washed and can get some killer pictures.

I also de-badged the rear yesterday and added a new badge to the trunk that I found on ebay.  I wanted something understated and found a perfect choice.  LMK what you think of it, I really like it. I also bought a pair of OEM looking badges that say EcoBeast instead of Ecoboost, one will go on y toolbox and not sure if the other will ever see the car.  Only time will tell, they should be here in a couple of days.  Party on..... :D

That truly looks amazing.  The tuxdeo black really pops....for about 30 mins until it is covered in dust and pollen!  Story of my life.  Grrr.......
I ceramic coated mine and literally three weeks later on a drive to CA I ran into a terrible dust storm that did a number on the ceramic coating.  I went home and fixed the troubled spots and re-topped the coating.  Then a month later, another sand storm.  After that my ceramic coating started failing....however it did its job.

So pulled off all of the trim and removed the lights, and literally re-paint corrected the whole damn car.  This time I chose to use "The Last Coat" as you can use it as a quick detailer too, and the literally everything wipes off the car now as well.  It is truly remarkable.   

Also if you are looking for some cool badges this is the place that I purchase all of my overlays from.  They do amazing work. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeVriesSigns
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Transformation is pretty much done.  I have some copper metallic overlays coming for the Ford Ovals front and back.  If I can get a close color match I may try to find a pair of copper metallic lug nuts to compliment the copper overlays.  I think it will be subtle enough.  If I don't like the copper, I will just buy the silver and black badges and put them back on the car, with the stock lugs.

I also need to go to a junk yard and pull the lower trim pieces off another Taurus and remove the end clips and install them on my painted ones.  I am having issues keep the corners down since mine are broken. The two sided tape isn't doing its job properly.   

Time lapse pics of the car.......

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

It was certainly a Productive day today as New Accessory Drive Belt and DP finally installed today! PICS of the previous stock Motorcraft Belt @ roughly 70K along with previous PPE Catted DP! Z

FYI- DP Gaskets are not to be reused and are only meant for one time use only!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

shoNoff

Pipes look in pretty good shape after all those years in ny
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Black Dream

Quote from: SM105K on July 08, 2019, 10:07:15 AM

That truly looks amazing.  The tuxdeo black really pops....for about 30 mins until it is covered in dust and pollen!  Story of my life.  Grrr.......
I ceramic coated mine and literally three weeks later on a drive to CA I ran into a terrible dust storm that did a number on the ceramic coating.  I went home and fixed the troubled spots and re-topped the coating.  Then a month later, another sand storm.  After that my ceramic coating started failing....however it did its job.

So pulled off all of the trim and removed the lights, and literally re-paint corrected the whole damn car.  This time I chose to use "The Last Coat" as you can use it as a quick detailer too, and the literally everything wipes off the car now as well.  It is truly remarkable.   

Also if you are looking for some cool badges this is the place that I purchase all of my overlays from.  They do amazing work. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeVriesSigns

Thanks for the kind words, proper detailing is a lot of time-consuming labor but the results speak for themselves.  I have a friend who's an authorized Optimum detailer and he hooked me up with some OptiCoat Primer Polish.  It's a dual action polish, strips all of any old oils/gunk left from any non Optimum product and does minor paint correction as well.  I used a plastic scraper very lightly to help remove the double sided tape left behind from the emblem and still managed to get some light scratches in the clear.  Used my trusty M105 to buff them out and the OCPP removed the slight hazing the 105 left behind.

I really like the side effects of the ceramic, we live in South Texas on the coast and have water w/in a half mile of the house on 2 sides.  Sand, dust, salty air, pollen and a host of other contaminates bombard our cars every day but the MKS could have a couple of weeks of this build up on it and a good strong rain on the car while it's sitting in the driveway leaves the car at damn near recently washed status.  I can't imagine what you went through with those storms.  In the next couple of days if the weather cooperates I'm going to clean the car then do a quick photoshoot.  I'll post it up somewhere on this site when I'm finished.