• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Enjoying the tune......

Started by maansman, May 15, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maansman

Well, I decided on the tune, so I bought the X4 with the 91 & 93 tune from Torrie for my 13 SHO, and what a blast.  I am not usually a 'sport' mode driver, but...I think that is going to change pretty quickly...and I have to remember to completely disable the stability control (track mode)!  Love that option...lot's of fun. 

Got the tuner the next day, and the tunes later that night....everything went perfect...thanks a bunch.  I am running the 93 tune, and she is now awaken!

- Mark
2013 Taurus SHO
Ruby Red Tricoat, Performance Pkg, Mayan Grey Suede

panther427

It's like driving at whole different car.
2013 SHO

tmcphail

Sport mode will net the highest gains. Glad you are enjoying it!
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

SHOdded

Great to hear :D  Do you plan to datalog?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MDesign Performance

Got my X4 91 and 93 tunes today as well, definitely wakens up the car!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

tmcphail

Take care,

maansman

Quote from: SHOdded on May 15, 2014, 11:18:41 PM
Great to hear :D  Do you plan to datalog?

I would like to......any tips?  What should I monitor?  Any particular datalog system that is best, like the x4 or Forscan?
2013 Taurus SHO
Ruby Red Tricoat, Performance Pkg, Mayan Grey Suede

tmcphail

Use live link from SCT across the programmer.
Take care,

SHOdded

There are a couple of guys on here with the X4 that can get you the PIDs to monitor, in Excel spreadsheet format.  Needmoreboost and Joleat come to mind right away, I am sure there are others.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!