• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

oil by valvecover

Started by zamirlihari, May 15, 2014, 10:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

After reading all the posts about air leaks,i decided to tighten all the turbo,intercooler hoses etc,some were very loose.The hose by the firewall,all the way in the bottom,i believe air intake hose was fairly loose,i had to use a 8mm socket and a flex because such a tight area,after getting my arm out by valvecover,under the coils noticed some oil on my arm,anything to be alarmed of,car just hit 10k.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

navbtcret

I had a seal on my valve cover that leaking and cause oil to build up around the valve cover. I caught mine early when I was changing plugs to a one step colder with about 6 miles on the car. Pull the COP off the plug by the oil on the valve cover, if it is full of oil around your plug and the boot is dripping in oil then your seal is leaking on the valve cover around that plug.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on May 15, 2014, 10:25:17 AM
After reading all the posts about air leaks,i decided to tighten all the turbo,intercooler hoses etc,some were very loose.The hose by the firewall,all the way in the bottom,i believe air intake hose was fairly loose,i had to use a 8mm socket and a flex because such a tight area,after getting my arm out by valvecover,under the coils noticed some oil on my arm,anything to be alarmed of,car just hit 10k.

I just had my 4-5-6 bank valve cover gasket replaced (warranty work).... I also had the spark plug well seal for #6 (back driver's side) replaced as I found this spark plug well full of oil when i removed the coil to regap my plugs at 7K miles.

I'd have it looked at as it is a potentially a fire hazard...

I literally burned a car down once in my teens due to oil leaking onto the upper block.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock