• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

E85 or not we need more fuel - possible solutions

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 03, 2013, 03:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Here's what I'm looking at doing, I know I've probably posted in other topics but here goes.
1. Upgrade in tank low pressure fuel pump, I'm looking at a way to make the Ford dual fuel pump setup work in the Flex. I'm hoping we can adapt the top from my stock fuel basket to replace the the Ford dual fuel pump one. We'll see soon, should have a try in a week.
Picture of the Ford dual fuel pump:

2. Two options here I'm investigating for port fuel injection

• Take a 2012 3.7L Mustang intake manifold and adapt it to my car
  • Weld injector bungs onto my stock intake manifold
Either way I'll be able to add additional injectors into the intake tract to allow for additional fueling from the higher flow low pressure fuel pumps.
3. Control of aux injectors

• Split Second AIC1 - rpm/boost based controller, two maps so I can add additional fuel for nitrous
  • Megasquirt - fully tuneable ECU that I could also control my nitrous with
  • AEM FIC6 - another aux injector controller

With a combination of these items I should be able to go full E85 on my car, watching of course for deterioration of o-rings and the HPFP (Mazda's found it was Rotella T causing contamination).
This is my new years project with the first part I have to focus on is the LPFP, I've already purchased an additional stock fuel pump/basket assembly and we're looking at how to modify it in conjunction with the dual fuel pump assembly, hopefully this work will be done in the next few weeks. Next step will be order a Mustang intake manifold and see if we can get it to fit. My car will be at a local shop getting downpipes prototypes made starting next week for 2 weeks then when I get it back I can continue to work.
Very excited at what this platform can do over the next few months!
E85/fuel and modified stock turbos should be fun but I'm REALLY looking at doing a BIG single this summer, we'll see!!!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Sounds like you are making good progress!  That's a lot of work to accomplish in a few short months  :bow:  I guess we'll find out how the engine and drivetrain hold up to these mods ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!