• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ordered SCT X3 with tune by Torrie!!!

Started by MikeB, December 31, 2012, 03:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeB

Ummm..  No lol. Any recommendations? I usually use Seafoam or..
5 Gals of gas
1 gallon of tolulene
1 quart of acetone

turbodave

I'm confused guys, help me out.

I thought that Ford engines had the #1 cyl. front right on a logitudinal engine (which would be passenger side rear on our transverse engines).
It's my understanding then that #1 would be rear bank, passenger side (which would be the front of the motor if it were turned longitudinal).
And that bank 1 was then the rear bank, and bank 2 the front bank.

Am I all wet??
2012 Lincoln MKT 3.5 Ecoboost AWD..... Fully Loaded minus active park assist and tow package.
Chrystal Champagne

86 Buick Grand National
87 Buick Grand National
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

MikeB

From what I have seen on all Ford V block engines (except for the Probe V6) #1 is the front cylinder on the left side and you count up sequentially from there. Once you get to the back, you start at the front of the other side with the next number and keep counting up.

So #3 is in the back bank on the drivers side. I pulled the plugs and verified that the one I think is #3 shows signs of running lean.

MikeB

I logged after replacing the injector and all is good. Fuel trims are decent, but close from bank to bank. I'm on the rich tune and o2's are .75 - .76. I will log more after I get back in town to see if anything needs to be dialed in more. So far it runs awesome!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: MikeB on January 12, 2013, 02:52:15 PM
I logged after replacing the injector and all is good. Fuel trims are decent, but close from bank to bank. I'm on the rich tune and o2's are .75 - .76. I will log more after I get back in town to see if anything needs to be dialed in more. So far it runs awesome!
Great job!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: turbodave on January 11, 2013, 07:52:48 AM
I'm confused guys, help me out.

I thought that Ford engines had the #1 cyl. front right on a logitudinal engine (which would be passenger side rear on our transverse engines).
It's my understanding then that #1 would be rear bank, passenger side (which would be the front of the motor if it were turned longitudinal).
And that bank 1 was then the rear bank, and bank 2 the front bank.

Am I all wet??

NO... you are right... #6 is the one on the front - right (drivers side).

Don't know what I was thinking, but I was wrong....
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

MikeB

Just an update on this. I hit up Torrie for a new tune. It is the boosted perf tune with 11.4:1 AFR commanded (.78) and his MPG settings. I will have to report on any mpg increases down the road. It is pulling much harder than when I was at 11.11. I checked it with my DH and it looks great. I will need to log with my laptop and monitor for any KR. I may just stick with this AFR since AZ gas has E10 and so many additives. Maybe I will try my 11.8:1 tune if all looks good on this one, but not sure yet.

SHOdded

Glad to hear the new toon is working out well, MikeB, and hope it continues to impress.  Looking forward to your datalogs  ;D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!