• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SW MI meet @ Gilmore Car Museum - Pics

Started by donky4444, May 10, 2014, 05:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

Snaf2u with his red SHO, Yowen with his black SHO, Me with the white SHO and Jimijak in the black Xsport.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

donky4444

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

panther427

How was it guys.  Did you have fun.   What did XML other guys think of the prototype exhaust on the explorer?
2013 SHO

MDesign Performance

Looks awesome guys, beautiful day to boot! Gotta make it out to the next one  :bandana:
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

donky4444

I thought the Xsport sounded awesome with the setup. Nice low growl and nothing obnoxious. Better than any of the Corsa cat back systems I've heard.

yowen

This is the first aftermarket exhaust I've heard on a transverse ecoboost, it sounded great! donky4444 sums it up nicely.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

snaf2u

Great time today meeting the others. I also really like the exhaust sound. I don`t like the raspy sounds I often hear on the video`s but this sounds good. No rasp and good tone to boot. We must do this again.
2013 SHO red w/PP. Stock with Livernois stage 4 tune using the 93 octane new revision tune. Best of 12.79 @ 106 on 5-01-15 at US131 dragway, Martin, Michigan.

SHOdded

Pics of you guys would be appreciated if you have 'em.  I know JimiJak posted one but ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

I think Jimijak got the only one of us.

JimiJak

Thanks guys!

We're really happy with the exhaust setup too. We talked about it quite a bit on the way down. I love a loud exhaust, but for a DD / road-trip vehicle, any louder would just be too much. It's perfect just the way it is (*except for the elec 3" cut-out **pending) ;)
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

MDesign Performance

Quote from: donky4444 on May 10, 2014, 06:19:38 PM
I thought the Xsport sounded awesome with the setup. Nice low growl and nothing obnoxious. Better than any of the Corsa cat back systems I've heard.

Quote from: yowen on May 10, 2014, 06:38:15 PM
This is the first aftermarket exhaust I've heard on a transverse ecoboost, it sounded great! donky4444 sums it up nicely.

Quote from: snaf2u on May 10, 2014, 07:41:05 PM
Great time today meeting the others. I also really like the exhaust sound. I don`t like the raspy sounds I often hear on the video`s but this sounds good. No rasp and good tone to boot. We must do this again.

Thanks all! Really appreciate it as a lot of thought went into it and is still being put into it!  :alkashi:

Quote from: JimiJak on May 10, 2014, 11:30:40 PM(*except for the elec 3" cut-out **pending) ;)

You need to check your PM's ;)
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

yowen

Thought I may as well add in my pictures too, I also walked around the show before locating fellow EBPF members, snapped a few pictures, admittedly not the greatest, but it gives you somewhat an idea of the event. In the final picture you can spot JimiJak emptying his catch can, haha.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor