• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just bought a 2010 Flex SEL (AWD and EB)

Started by MikeB, December 26, 2012, 04:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeB

Hello all. New (to me) Flex owner here. I have a good story behind how we came to buying this thing. Awhile back at Firebird Raceway I saw a Flex run 13.80's. I started talking to the guy and he was running that with nothing more than a tune. I really liked how big it was inside too. I told my wife that maytbe we will consider one in the future and she thought they were ugly. So my wife and I ended up selling our 2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS 2WD a couple weeks ago. Our intention was to scale down and get a '06 - '09 Subaru Outback XT so we had AWD. We went to go look at one and it had been sold. On the way out my wife pointed at a Flex and I asked if it wa AWD. After the sales guy said yes, my wife asked to look at it. To my surprise she asked to drive it. Apparently she wanted to drive it to prove to me that she didn't want one. She fell in love with it. After everything checked out we struck a deal and bought it.

Right now I'm planning on just getting it tuned and a drop in filter. I have a '87 Buick Grand National to play with, so my only real goal with the Flex is to make it more responsive and get it to the mid-high 13's so it is similar in performance to the Trailblazer SS that we had.

FaSSt9602

I'm guessing you talked to me or Mike Bambic.  There aren't many Flex owners in town heading to Firebird!   :blink:

We will have to get together the next time Firebird in open!   ;D

Welcome!
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

MikeB

I remember the guy I spoke to was pretty tall and I believe he also had a Impala SS.

I will probably be out there on Jan 4th, but most likely won't bring the Flex. I may run my CRX. I will also try and get my GN ready to run on the 25th. I think there are a couple more Friday night drags in March before the track closes. Hoping to get the Flex tuned and make a couple passes then.

EcoPowerParts

That was me. :)
We'll see how much I can get out there between now and Feb 8th as it's wrestling season but after that I'm going to try and get out a bit more. I'm also waiting on my upgraded turbos to be done and figure out the aux fueling scenario.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts