• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ca40 additive

Started by ShoBoat, May 05, 2014, 01:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Has anyone tried this stuff? They have kinds of claims. Increase horsepower to the tune of 5% and major increases in MPG.   http://www.ca40g.com/pages.php?pageid=43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

crash712us

That's problem with snake oils they can't pretty much say anything. Not saying anything about this product in particular. But from what I've seen from most other is what properties they claim there product has do not apply in the real world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Lanson

Soooo...

Let me get this straight.  They are selling a product that promotes better ignition...but the product goes in your crankcase.

The MSDS tells much.

http://www.ca40g.com/skin/ca40g/images/MSDS.pdf

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

ShoBoat

Quote from: Lanson on May 05, 2014, 03:18:55 PM
Soooo...

Let me get this straight.  They are selling a product that promotes better ignition...but the product goes in your crankcase.

The MSDS tells much.

http://www.ca40g.com/skin/ca40g/images/MSDS.pdf

Apparently it also goes in your gas tank too..... So we are installing catch cans to keep oil out of the intake track and these guys are saying that we should put it in our gas tanks. Ok then. Good catch on the MSDS. 
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ZSHO

In general speaking my friend has a fleet of Lincoln limos with over 400,000 mi he never promotes using any additives just frequent motorcraft semi synthetic oil changes.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

kinder

It looks like stuff that should be sold on this site...

http://kalecoauto.com/

;)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

SwampRat

Quote from: kinder on May 05, 2014, 05:20:56 PM
It looks like stuff that should be sold on this site...

http://kalecoauto.com/

;)

Man that is hilarious    .....   some people have Waaaayyyy to much free time ! !

Gotta bookmark and share   .....  love it !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Lanson

Take a notice that the main ingredient is oil-soluble calcium sulfonate, known for metal lubricity (which makes sense.)

If you get a chance to research more about castor oils, you'll find that they increase tolerances by "varnishing" the surface a bit.  It has lubricity but for high performance engines, you'll find the tolerances are too tight these days.  Old engines...sure why not.

There are many that believe it protects well but should only be used on engines that are rebuilt often, due to build-up.

Thank you, MSDS.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune