• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My in dash 9" tablet with TQ app

Started by Geno51, December 15, 2012, 04:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno51

Some pics of my Tq app running on my 9" android tablet setup

FaSSt9602

Love it!  Who did the work for you?  Were you able to get it to be the music player also?
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

Geno51

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on December 17, 2012, 12:32:22 AM
Love it!  Who did the work for you?  Were you able to get it to be the music player also?

I did all the work myself.  Yes it acts as the music player and pandora streams over sync. I can watch movies everything. 

FaSSt9602

So where did you hide the stock radio?  How much time do you have into that install?  Wanna fly to Arizona to do a couple more?  :blink: ;D

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on December 17, 2012, 12:48:13 PM
So where did you hide the stock radio?  How much time do you have into that install?  Wanna fly to Arizona to do a couple more?  :blink: ;D
He's in Prescott....
I wouldn't mind doing that to my wife's truck. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Geno51

Yep just north in Prescott so no flight needed lol!!
I would not mind doing more ;)

Fun little project

Factory stereo is behind the tablet. Only thing at all that you lose with this is the use of CDs but who uses CDS anymore just rip them to mp3 and install on the tablet :)

Yes I still have suris radio and am fm

Watch the video

FaSSt9602

SWEET!!!!  Do you think this can be done to other double din dashes?  I would LOVE to have this in my F250...  :biggrin:

(Grabs keys and heads to Prescott)

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Geno51 on December 18, 2012, 10:59:47 AM
Yep just north in Prescott so no flight needed lol!!
I would not mind doing more ;)

Fun little project

Factory stereo is behind the tablet. Only thing at all that you lose with this is the use of CDs but who uses CDS anymore just rip them to mp3 and install on the tablet :)

Yes I still have suris radio and am fm

Watch the video
Get me a parts list so I can start buying stuff!
:)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FaSSt9602

Any pictures of how the factory radio sits behind the tablet?

Geno51

In the superdutys its even easier!!!!

Here is where a Jcain used a Nexus 7 in place of the factory stereo... The buttons on the Ford stereos is just a little panel that you unplug in the F250 the factory stereo can stay in place.. super easy... Nexus 7 fits like a dream press fit..  Just make a home screen and some cool backgrounds and done

There is an app called Tasker to make it all work...

If you have just a little ability to make things work you could do your superduty with the nexus 7 in an afternoon..

The 9" tablet in my truck is a little more involved. Plastic welding. Bondo sanding paint clear coating.. flipping factory stereo up and some small cuts behind the dash bezel

FaSSt9602

Geno51

I am sure we could figure something out but the missing sync is a big factor it makes everything's I much easier

FaSSt9602

I was thinking a PIE adapter and just use the headphone jack.  If I could get that to work, I could care less about regular radio. 

Hmmmm....

shoman04

2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

flubyu

That is awesome, looks like the factory NAV screen!!  WTG for sure!!
KONA   B
2011 F L E X Limited AWD
ECOBOOST
Lowered on H & R Springs
Tuned by TORRIE