• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost, want to make it a super sleeper.

Started by wikemallace, April 27, 2014, 04:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Does anyone have a link to 4DRs port injection fuel system? Is it for sale yet?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOdded

I would wait for 4DR to respond, Wilson, but in the meantime, this is the latest we have on fuel system upgrades from him:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2729.msg40665#msg40665
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

I still have the fuel pump assembly, intake manifold and fuel rails available.
You'd need to supply fuel lines, FPR, injectors and controller to make it work. I can supply with used DW300 or new ones, up to you.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on April 28, 2014, 02:32:20 PM
Doesn't the Airaid basically turn the intake into a short ram air system?  In any case, I don't know if there is enough room underhood to go with a hood scoop based air intake.  Would definitely have to fabricate the parts to do this, and possibly lose the engine cover to gain clearance (not a big deal).  However, if you add 4DR's port injection fuel system, the hood scoop would be a no go.  Instead, you might be better served with twin forward scoops linked to an F150 type intake system, IF you had the space in the engine bay to do so.

On a side note:

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/33/6

Interesting to note the poor ranking of Airaid on temp and density (aren't these related, like about the same thing?... LOL) of intake air.... of course this is for a (diesel?) pickup.
Also The picture looks like an upside-down and elongated OEM SHO/MKS intake IMHO

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

I thought I'd stir the pot of possibilities :)  If Banks can do it, why can't we?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 28, 2014, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on April 28, 2014, 02:32:20 PM
Doesn't the Airaid basically turn the intake into a short ram air system?  In any case, I don't know if there is enough room underhood to go with a hood scoop based air intake.  Would definitely have to fabricate the parts to do this, and possibly lose the engine cover to gain clearance (not a big deal).  However, if you add 4DR's port injection fuel system, the hood scoop would be a no go.  Instead, you might be better served with twin forward scoops linked to an F150 type intake system, IF you had the space in the engine bay to do so.

On a side note:

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/33/6

Interesting to note the poor ranking of Airaid on temp and density (aren't these related, like about the same thing?... LOL) of intake air.... of course this is for a (diesel?) pickup.
Also The picture looks like an upside-down and elongated OEM SHO/MKS intake IMHO

I find it interesting that they retain the stock type bellows in their setup.

bel·lows
noun plural but singular or plural in construction ˈbe-(ˌ)lōz, -ləz

A device that produces a strong current of air when its sides are pressed together.

I have been told repeatedly that this piece is crucial to the excellent performance of the stock ECO setup.

AKA "the cyclone" to some dealer techs I have spoken with.

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on April 29, 2014, 12:23:28 AM
I thought I'd stir the pot of possibilities :)  If Banks can do it, why can't we?

Stirred but not shaken here... LOL

Still plan on just reworking the lid of the factory airbox... Ford engineers hit a home run here... use it and the intake..... just shorten and straighten filter to turbo inlet piping... as well as promote faster air movement to decrease the pre-turbo effects of heat soak.... Checked on the fabbing today... beginning to get started on things required.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wikemallace

Thank you to everyone who has replied and helped me sort out what I need to do to accomplish my goals, I look forward to making my super sleeper in the near future. I'll be sure to pm some of you guys when time comes for me to start my project.

Thanks again for all the information, you all have been a huge help and didn't make me feel like a moron like people in other forums tend to do when people are trying to learn.
Just got Luci', my Tuxedo Black Metallic 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. I haven't started modding it out yet but that is why I joined this forum, so I can learn the proper way to do it from all you experienced members.

Woody

Love seeing all the MKS guys coming out in this thread!  As someone else said, they are a tremendous value used!  I'm not getting into the "super sleeper" discussion.  I have no plans to go that far with my car.  I'll be the chase car with the camera. ;)

Brucelinc

Quote from: Woody on May 02, 2014, 10:50:39 AM
Love seeing all the MKS guys coming out in this thread!  As someone else said, they are a tremendous value used!  I'm not getting into the "super sleeper" discussion.  I have no plans to go that far with my car.  I'll be the chase car with the camera. ;)

They really are sleepers.  Most MKSs that I see around here are driven by older blue haired ladies.

I have no plans for more mods, either.  I am really happy the way mine runs with just a tune.  It is really strong on the low end where I can use it and is a very smooth and quiet daily driver.  It is nice to know that I can pull away from about 99% of the cars that pull up beside me at a light.  :)

MeanKS

exactly!

a used 2010-11 MKS-EB is probably one of the best bargains available for someone to purchase!  of course, that means that owners who brought it new suffered kinda horrible resale value  :-
MKS-EB...

wikemallace

Quote from: DRII on May 02, 2014, 02:48:40 PM
exactly!

a used 2010-11 MKS-EB is probably one of the best bargains available for someone to purchase!  of course, that means that owners who brought it new suffered kinda horrible resale value  :-

It is a fantastic steal,  I got mine certified pre owned with 38k miles for $26k (which was about 3k less than blue book) and I figured out that the original price on it was about $56k. Basically robbery.
Just got Luci', my Tuxedo Black Metallic 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. I haven't started modding it out yet but that is why I joined this forum, so I can learn the proper way to do it from all you experienced members.

MeanKS

Quote from: wikemallace on May 02, 2014, 05:14:06 PM
Quote from: DRII on May 02, 2014, 02:48:40 PM
exactly!

It is a fantastic steal,  I got mine certified pre owned with 38k miles for $26k (which was about 3k less than blue book) and I figured out that the original price on it was about $56k. Basically robbery.

your story sounds basically the same as mine man!  congrats...

one thing i would recommend, if you haven't done so already, is to check out all the TSBs that came out for our cars.  if you have a good Ford/Lincoln dealer to service your car, they will run an oasis report for you.

the early MKSs did suffer some front end issues, mine had troubled left brake components and eventual right wheel bearing failure.  all repairs were covered under warranty.

also the sunroof drainage tubes were clogged resulting in a leak coming in the cabin...
MKS-EB...

Steps

I wanted to thank everyone for this discussion. It is very helpful as a "getting started" thread on these cars. I have been a Mustang guy for many years, so this is a new and fun game to take part in.

I just picked up a 11 MKS for $15,450 w 65k on the clock (every option except the ecoboost appearance package, and adaptive cruise control). It doesn't even have a rock chip on it, thanks to how well the older gentlemen who had it before took care of it...I still can't beleive how cheap I got the car for...

Anyhow..the fun will begin very soon. I was hooked when it beat out my lightly built and tuned F250 PSD, and by beat, I mean walked...lol.

2011 Lincoln MKS - Stock for now...but not for long.

FoMoCoSHO

If you want the ultimate sleeper and you have E85 available, do nothing but have AJPTurbo build you an E30 3bar tune.