• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost, want to make it a super sleeper.

Started by wikemallace, April 27, 2014, 04:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I can also solve spin/hop scenario with wheels/tires for you. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Brucelinc

Quote from: Joleat on April 28, 2014, 09:12:26 AM
Quote from: TaurusBuilder on April 27, 2014, 08:54:45 PM
All your ideas are great. But there can only be 1 super sleeper MKS. Lol.

TaurusBuilder speaks the truth... and that 1 super sleeper MKS is mine. Well, maybe not yet, but it soon will be. I'm glad to see some other MKS guys modding these cars. On the used market, an MKS is a tremendous value.

Uhhh...sorry...the 1 super sleeper happens to be mine...at least for now.  :)

SHOdded

Wow, I didn't know the MKS owners were such a feisty crowd!  This is GOOD!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MDesign Performance

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 28, 2014, 10:11:02 AM

TaurusBuilder speaks the truth... and that 1 super sleeper MKS is mine. Well, maybe not yet, but it soon will be. I'm glad to see some other MKS guys modding these cars. On the used market, an MKS is a tremendous value.

For now ;)

OP, I sent you a message already but most definelry the best bang for your buck is going to be the tune (which is also the most simplest to install, all through a couple buttons) and a 3-bar sensor will only help refine your cars capabilities. 3-bar sensor is also another simple item to install all with info widely available via here on the forums.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

wikemallace

Thank you, you actually just cleared up a lot of my questions. I really like the community here in this forum, everyone has been so incredibly helpful.

It's a good thing I'm still in the early research phase of this project. 
So far I'm thinking the best route to go is to Tune + plugs + thermostat + 3-bar map sensor + exhaust + hot pipes to start with, at least as far as the engine goes then later upgrade the turbos, possibly a step down from the ATPs. At the same time as the engine mods I'll upgrade the suspension and brakes. Once I gain more knowledge and get a better grasp on all those upgrades then I'll start thinking about what turbos to add and whether or not I can dedicate myself to the methanol.

Is there anything that can be done about the transmission/drive train issues?

Also, what brakes/suspension upgrades would you recommend?  And should I be planning on upgrading the pistons and rods and other engine internals?
Just got Luci', my Tuxedo Black Metallic 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. I haven't started modding it out yet but that is why I joined this forum, so I can learn the proper way to do it from all you experienced members.

Brucelinc

Quote from: Spartn27 on April 28, 2014, 10:30:51 AM
Quote from: Brucelinc on April 28, 2014, 10:11:02 AM

For now ;)

The bigger they are; the harder they fall....  :)

EcoPowerParts

I'd still suggest the ATP over other turbos as they produce less heat than the upgraded stockers and more power at less boost (due to more CFM).
I can help upgrade your fuel system and if you don't want to run E85 mixing I would suggest meth for some octane benefits.
Whatever you want to do I can help you do it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

wikemallace

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on April 28, 2014, 10:48:59 AM
I'd still suggest the ATP over other turbos as they produce less heat than the upgraded stockers and more power at less boost (due to more CFM).
I can help upgrade your fuel system and if you don't want to run E85 mixing I would suggest meth for some octane benefits.
Whatever you want to do I can help you do it.

Awesome, thanks a bunch.  I will definitely contact you when I'm tau to start purchasing stuff. :-D
Just got Luci', my Tuxedo Black Metallic 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. I haven't started modding it out yet but that is why I joined this forum, so I can learn the proper way to do it from all you experienced members.

FracaSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 27, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

On the catback... for performance consider the cutout that EBPP will soon release...that is the maximum reduction of exhaust flow possible... boost activated opening  ... and for when you don't want it... a solenoid on-off switch.  There are also some very innovative exhaust systems coming very soon that are leas than half the cost of Corsa (which is a great exhaust, BTW)

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but I must ask about BIGMaC's catback comments;  what other innovative exhaust systems are you referring to?  I'm in the market to buy now but will wait for something better.  How long is very soon?

Mike B, when will you be offering the cutout? 

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

EcoPowerParts

Cutout will be very soon, the jig is done, should have first reproduction one available very soon. I'm sure BigMac wants one badly. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

FracaSHO

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on April 28, 2014, 11:03:26 AM
Cutout will be very soon, the jig is done, should have first reproduction one available very soon. I'm sure BigMac wants one badly. :)

Mike, I know you have a video of your cutout somewhere, could you post a link? I can't find it. Thanks and again, SORRY to OP for the hijack.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on April 28, 2014, 11:14:11 AM

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on April 28, 2014, 11:03:26 AM

Mike, I know you have a video of your cutout somewhere, could you post a link? I can't find it. Thanks and again, SORRY to OP for the hijack.

Brad

Good News Mike!... You know I do!  Glad to hear the progress!  :thumb:

Here's the link to Mikes cutout video:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=276.msg721#msg721

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wikemallace

That's a super cool video of your custom cut out...

Just curious, has anyone tried doing a ram air intake with a hood scoop on any of their ecoboost motors? To me it would seem like the best way to get a lot of nice cold air into the engine.

BiGMaC

Not with a scoop... probably because there is no restriction to intake or power produced demonstrable on the dyno when the stock intake (I know it looks small) and filter box is compared to the same car (my '13 SHO) when the intake and filter box are completely removed. (4DR and I did the testing at Black Market Racing here in Phx)  The restriction is between the box and the turbos (if there is one), but this is unproven as yet.  I hope to have that dyno data pretty soon. In the current setup it has been demonstrated that ambient air temp is within 2-4 degrees of the air in the post filter tubing

bpd has adapted the hood vents from late model mustang to his hood.  This  definitely vents heat, but underhood temps/prevention of severe heat soak temps are also unproven.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Doesn't the Airaid basically turn the intake into a short ram air system?  In any case, I don't know if there is enough room underhood to go with a hood scoop based air intake.  Would definitely have to fabricate the parts to do this, and possibly lose the engine cover to gain clearance (not a big deal).  However, if you add 4DR's port injection fuel system, the hood scoop would be a no go.  Instead, you might be better served with twin forward scoops linked to an F150 type intake system, IF you had the space in the engine bay to do so.

On a side note:

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/33/6
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!