• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Took the Viper out for a Photoshoot

Started by APsychoOne, April 26, 2014, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APsychoOne

Decided to take the fun car out last weekend because a buddy of mine wanted to take photos of it.  It was a great excuse to put some miles on her and burn through half a tank of gas. I'm thankful that it appears as though winter is finally past us.

Car Details:
1998 Viper GTS. 1 of 264 Silver GTS' built.
Car has the routine basic bolt-ons. 18" CCW 505A Wheels.
Car is regularly drag raced and autocrossed.
Best Past: 11.40 @ 122MPH. 1.55 60'

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3710/13952438765_bd459f9611_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7163/13928716802_7f130bb9ac_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7393/13951387894_4666a24015_o.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5280/13952633215_1e212d6b8a_o.jpg

Photographer: Steve Staffan
7th Floor Media LLC
http://www.7floormedia.com/
2011 Kona Blue Ford Taurus SHO ~ Unleashed Tune 12.7@108MPH 1.82 60'
1998 Silver Dodge Viper GTS
2004 Blue Yamaha YZF-R1

panther427

You got some great locations. Clean backgrounds and lots of light to play with. Beautiful
2013 SHO

QuickSilver

Great shots, the right lighting I everything 8)  What tiers netted you a 1.55 ST? At what PSI?
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

AWESOME photos of an AWESOME automobile. Will always be my favorite supercar...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

vinnievis

JohnnyBravo

Great to see another Viper owner on here. I also have a 98 GTS.
510 stroker, heads/cam, novi2500 blower, AEM, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHeartGroceries

^Geeze....
What's that good for, 800 rwhp?

How's that to drive? One of the most notorious cars for its raucous driving experience.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

JohnnyBravo

A little more than that. :)

93 octane pump gas and water/methanol.

It's a lot of fun to drive. But it's definitely a handful at wide open throttle.

SHOdded

No point in taking that to the strip.  Everyone else will be left standing still.  Holy Moly!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JohnnyBravo

I only get one pass at the track before getting the boot because of lack of safety equipment. It went 9.8 @ 144 on a smaller blower and pump gas and less boost. Hoping to  be at least a couple tenths quicker on the new blower.

Once my new TR6060 transmission gets back this week, we are going to get it ready for a Street Car Takeover in mid-May.

mval

a good friend of mine has a '03. he just got married & they had a baby, so being the thoughtful person i am i told him i would be glad to take it off his hands since couldn't haul momma & a kids car seat in it. haven't got an answer yet so i guess that means no. Saw one go up on a mecum auto auction a couple years back & don't remember details all i know was the most spirted bidding i had seen. a true american classic.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

JohnnyBravo

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. But there is no way I would get rid of my Viper or my Hayabusa. That's why I bought the MKS. 4 doors, plenty of room for 2 car seats, a ton of trunk room, comfy, decent gas mileage, and it's still forced induction so I have an excuse to buy upgrades for it. The wife drives an Expedition, although we are eyeing the new Explorer Sport now.

Didn't mean to jack your thread, APsychoOne. Your car looks awesome. Always fun to see someone else who shares similar tastes in daily drivers and fun cars.

APsychoOne

Quote from: QuickSilver on April 26, 2014, 11:20:22 AM
Great shots, the right lighting I everything 8)  What tiers netted you a 1.55 ST? At what PSI?

Those 60' times were on MT ET Streets at 15PSI.  I've also had really good results with Hoosier drag radials. 
I knew I recognized your username Johnny.  I've been on the Ally for years but rarely post.  Owned the car for almost 6 years now and it still puts a smile on my face every time it leaves the garage.  Like you, I don't see myself selling it anytime soon.  I don't have a Hayabusa, but I love my 04 Yamaha R1.  The SHO is by far the best DD I've ever had because it covers all the bases.
2011 Kona Blue Ford Taurus SHO ~ Unleashed Tune 12.7@108MPH 1.82 60'
1998 Silver Dodge Viper GTS
2004 Blue Yamaha YZF-R1