• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Update tune with LMS

Started by SHO13, April 26, 2014, 09:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO13

I'm currently running V7 93 and was wondering if the v8 93 is any different.... Thanks

BiGMaC

v8 in any octane is WAY different.... better in the opinions of all that have posted here... maybe search it as several threads about it are recent here

Bottom line... better!... in the words of another member (after he got it)... Run, do not walk.... and get this update!!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

Here's what I chiefly notice about the difference between 2 bar v8 and 3 bar v8 - considerably more thrust at 100+ mph.

And after more miles, no more shift issues. Really think it's something which occurs during the TCMs adaptive period.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

68_GT

Quote from: SHO13 on April 26, 2014, 09:56:00 AM
I'm currently running V7 93 and was wondering if the v8 93 is any different.... Thanks

you must do this ASAP ! go ahead and get the 3bar MAP and the V8 tune revision for a 3bar MAP.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SHO13

Just updates it to the v8 93..... Pretty good gains!

Larrylu

First butt dyno impression of the  4+ 3BAR is smoother more refined. It just feels just as strong but feels like the power band got wider. Runs great, shifts fantastic. Pleasure to drive!  Don't know what Dan changed but a great tune got better.  An enthusiastic thumbs up!

2010 Steel Blue Metallic, Fully Loaded, non PP, LMS 4+, K&N drop in, 170 T-stat, 3 bar MAP
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

BiGMaC

I spoke with Dan... there's a couple of other tweaks for the 3BAR version of v8.... but the main one resulting in the improved performance is the completely new turbo mapping which preserves, maybe improves low end, but continues to benefit the 60-100+ range strongly... no more "dying about 80-90 mph... As Larry says... the power band is MUCH wider.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I have the v8 3bar dp 170 stat tune for aboutclose to 6 weeks now,not one hestation,best thing is car is more aggressive with firmer shifts,changed factory plugs mc sp528 to revised mc sp534 which are iridium car is a lot smoother,gapped at 0.30 LMS ROCKS

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|