• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1 Year Today with the SHO

Started by jcl78, April 23, 2014, 12:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcl78

I bought my 2010 SHO from Carmax exactly 1 year ago today (got a cool reminder E-Mail from Carmax).

I love her now more than ever, I figured I would make a quick post on what I have done / experiences with the SHO over these 365 days.

I had the SHO shipped from California (originally a Cali car) at the cost of $399 using Carmax's transfer service. It was a risk, all I had to go off of was the pictures, and the word of the Carmax employee that the SHO was a non smoker owned vehicle.

I pulled up to the lot the day of her arrival, and looked her over. She was in excellent shape, save for a few minor scratches here and there, and the shifter was loose.

I went through with the paperwork, took her home 365 days ago. Over that time, I have:

Tightened the shifter.
Bought new General GMAX-AS03 tires.
Replaced the master cylinder.
Changed my own oil with "German" Castrol
Cleaned the radar units in the rear bumper.
35% tint.
Full wax with Collinite 845.
Flushed the PTU.
Zip tied the knock sensor wires so they don't rest on the block.

She drives better than when I bought her, and I haven't been happier with a car, and I have owned almost 20. Happy Ecoboosting!

BiGMaC

Very Cool... Happy anniversary!  Always like to here someone who's satisfied with their ride!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Congrats on the 1st anniversary!  The love and attention you give your SHO will not be for naught.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

68_GT

any problems opening your trunk ?

I had my 2013 back at the dealer this morning to replace the support struts lol

they worked perfectly then they didn't work at all. Weird. Almost found out the hard way when I opened my trunk and reached in and almost got nailed by it closing. And that lid is heavier than you'd think w/o any lift assistance from those struts.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

jcl78

No issue with the trunk yet, opens and closes fine, the struts are still like new. Admittedly, I rarely use the trunk though.

Torsen

Quote from: jcl78 on April 23, 2014, 06:47:47 PM
No issue with the trunk yet, opens and closes fine, the struts are still like new. Admittedly, I rarely use the trunk though.

On my 2011, one of my trunk support struts blew out.  I bought a new pair from Rock Auto for $30, and now it's good as new.  When I removed them, I found that only one was bad, but I replaced them both any way.

PokerMunkee

Good to hear!  I'm almost 3 months into ownership of my 2013 and I love mine too.  Have you tuned yours?  I'm going to tune mine in January. 

Us Colorado guys need to meet up at Bandimere one of these days!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

jtoddk98

Quote from: 68_GT on April 23, 2014, 04:30:32 PM
any problems opening your trunk ?

I had my 2013 back at the dealer this morning to replace the support struts lol

they worked perfectly then they didn't work at all. Weird. Almost found out the hard way when I opened my trunk and reached in and almost got nailed by it closing. And that lid is heavier than you'd think w/o any lift assistance from those struts.
I just had my dealer replace the trunk struts on my 2011. I got hit by it when I was reaching in to grab something, not a pleasant experience.
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!