• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

X4 Ordered from Torrie, now some question

Started by boostedflex, April 23, 2014, 09:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey guys,

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered by X4 for my Ecoboost Flex, got shipping info last night and am really excited :)  I am debating running the 91 octane tune even though I can get 93 octane, so I dont have to worry about being on a trip and not finding 93.  My question is, how much power am I leaving on the table if I do this?
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

EcoPowerParts

Get a tune for 91 octane MPG and 93 octane performance and switch to 91 MPG tune when you go on road trips.
Problem solved.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Why not just carry the tuner and re-flash if needed?  then you get it all... 5 minutes if you end up needing fuel in a state without 93 octane pump gas.

Mike was quicker than me  :P

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

boostedflex

Guess you guys sold me, 93 octane tune it is, with 91 in reserve, thanks guys :)

2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold

TSS

I always have the flasher with me for this reason and if I break down, I would want to reflash before anybody touched the car, so they would know what they were dealing with (stock).   Like said above, 5 minutes maximum if you are without 93. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Lanson

Yep, plus don't be freaked out when you program. 

The car will do WEIRD things.  Mine (with MFT front dash) makes the blower motor and heater kick on high while it programs, then cuts off right at 98% complete. 

Just ride it out.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

boostedflex

Thanks again guys :)  After this, onto saving up for downpipes :)
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold

tmcphail

Quote from: Lanson on April 23, 2014, 10:24:41 AM
Yep, plus don't be freaked out when you program. 

The car will do WEIRD things.  Mine (with MFT front dash) makes the blower motor and heater kick on high while it programs, then cuts off right at 98% complete. 

Just ride it out.

Quite true.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer