• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Headed to Chicago...Octane ?

Started by ecoboostsho, April 22, 2014, 11:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

I'm headed from Minneapolis to Chicago this weekend for my son's hockey tournament in Elmhurst...I've got the 93 Octane tune loaded but was wondering about availability of 93 octane along the way.  I usually get gas at BP gas stations and a quick google search reveals plenty along the route and at my destination however I'm not sure what octane rating they have.  Do the BP's in the Chicago area carry 93 or should I just load the 91 tune and play it safe. 

TIA...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

BlueSHO

93 is plentiful...all be it oxygenated

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

IHeartGroceries

All gasoline is oxygenated. I think what you mean is, it'll be oxygenated with ethanol. :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 22, 2014, 04:23:37 PM
All gasoline is oxygenated. I think what you mean is, it'll be oxygenated with ethanol. :D

... at the expense of the environment due to the excessive CO2 produced via production and no regulation of same.

Here's an article on an international study from yesterday's Forbes magazine:
www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/04/20/its-final-corn-ethanol-is-of-no-use/

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

I think pretty much everybody realized before studies began surfacing, which confirmed it all as a total crock.

Everybody but the government. :)

But for the US, it essentially replaced ethers (MTBE) as an oxygenate in reformulated gasoline.

But, in RFG, it also enhances the octane. Yes, regular blendstock for E10 blending is refined to 84 octane for regular, and 90.5-91 for super. The E10 does the rest.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

REDSHOCGO

yes 93 is very plentiful around here! I have not seen one gas station that does not have it! E85 is more plentiful here to thanks to all the corn we grow if your into that sort of thing lol....jk man dont put E85 in there
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

ecoboostsho

Excellent! Thanks for the responses guys.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile