• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tried to upgrade the low pressure fuel pump - no go

Started by EcoPowerParts, December 07, 2012, 04:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I'll post pics later of the stock fuel pump/basket etc and the Walbro 416 I tried to install.
Headed to wrestling practice now, just wanted to let everyone know.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

Can Torrie verify from looks of your LPFP if the one from the Supercharged Shelby Mustang, or from Ford GT would work.  If the Walbro would fit, you might just need a different plug that you can wire into Ford's loop.  This is an issue with G8's using the ZR-1 pump.  Works with the proper plug.

Also... may just be off base... This is black hole technology for me, but like daily diets for some.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Here's the picture of the stock setup and the Walbro 416, the stock fuel pump has the blue top.

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBrick Bob

I see you are trying to adapt the Walbro to the Ford housing... correct?

Thinking there are other avenues to go... A Ford pump from the Ford GT or Shelby,  Squash Performance, or Lonnies or some other system  provides you with a new housing that would lock into the Ford Gas Tank...

Sorry if I am way off base...  Somewhere... somehow there is a solution... :bangin: :bangin:
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 07, 2012, 08:45:04 PM
I see you are trying to adapt the Walbro to the Ford housing... correct?

Thinking there are other avenues to go... A Ford pump from the Ford GT or Shelby,  Squash Performance, or Lonnies or some other system  provides you with a new housing that would lock into the Ford Gas Tank...

Sorry if I am way off base...  Somewhere... somehow there is a solution... :bangin: :bangin:
Yup, contacting Lonnies
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

That's what my friend Tom Scott (Wreckwriter) a moderator on GRRRR8 Net uses on his 9 second G8.  He is running a 175 shot of Nitrous with his ProCharger setup, with a stock bottom end on his 6.0 engine.

Good Luck!

EcoBrick Bob

Are you planning to fuel both your DI pump and the low pressure injectors from you Ford fuel tank, or are you thinking of having an auxiliary fuel tank for the low pressure injectors.  Also how are you coordinating the nitrous with the low pressure fuel injectors? Are you including a low fuel/low fuel pressure shutoff or some control over nitrous if A/F/ Lambda
gets too lean?

I know you want to run E-85 thru entire fuel system and that's why you are upgrading stock pump volume.  Just wondering how you are going to attempt to handle everything else...

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 08, 2012, 02:01:22 PM
Are you planning to fuel both your DI pump and the low pressure injectors from you Ford fuel tank,
Yes, everything from the factory fuel tank

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 08, 2012, 02:01:22 PM
Also how are you coordinating the nitrous with the low pressure fuel injectors? Are you including a low fuel/low fuel pressure shutoff or some control over nitrous if A/F/ Lambda
gets too lean?
The AIC1 controller has the ability to do 2 fuel maps, one for regular and one for nitrous armed so that I can just use this system to provide fuel for the nitrous and the engine depending on what's going on. Yes there will be a low fuel pressure safety switch. As far as the AFR I'm working with the Torque app devs to make me a plugin so that when at full throttle and boost over 6 PSI if AFR goes over 12.2 to flash the entire tablet screen red so I have a gauge.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

pilo22

How hard is it to drop the gas tank? Looking to replace both fuel senders as my fuel gauge is off but not sure if to attempt it myself or take to a mechanic :/

EcoPowerParts

On the V6 transverse chassis you can pull the carpet back and there's an access hatch in the passenger rear under the seat. Wasn't hard to get to at all, the pump ring was a PITA to take off though, big freaking hammer and a big flathead and some serious wacking. There's a tool for it but I couldn't find it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

It is really easy if you have mid-row buckets!

For anyone who is thinking about a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, you wire in on the pass side B-Pillar on Flex just above the FP relay.  Believe this relay is in the trunk in the SHO, on the pass side.

TT_House13

2012 F150 Ecoboost
2013 Explorer Sport Ecoboost
2005 Mustang GT Twin Turbo

EcoBrick Bob

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TT_House13 on June 24, 2013, 05:59:33 AM
This is the wrench to remove the ring but it isn't cheap.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_fuel-tank-lock-ring-wrench-for-ford-otc_28030008-p

Advanced didn't have it but Amazon did, I ordered one because it really sucks to use a hammer and screwdriver to take off, well worth the money.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

Should we start a thread that lists tool ideas/tool finds that make working on the vehicle easier?  Like this fuel pump tool, BPD Mike's air lift, etc.?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!