• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS downpipes and V3 tune update(V8 to SHO owners)

Started by bigmoneycloser, April 21, 2014, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Installed the new catted downpipes from LMS today and loaded up the new V3 tune for my Xsport (Xsport is V3, SHO is V8)

DP's fit perfect, and no codes have been thrown... Updated my new 93Perf V3 tune.

You guys ain't kidding!!!
I only had time to do a bunch of 0-80mph runs..
I loved my 93 high boost tune... But this new V3 tune pulls really HARD and the shifting is SOOOO Smooth it's great!!!
They really hit this one out of the Park!!

Can't wait to really have some fun with it..
Gonna do a track day with some friends and I found a well respected local AWD dyno that will do 3 runs for $75...
Gonna set up a day next week for that to see  what her numbers are?? I still have my old 93perf high boost... So I might even do 6 runs to compare..

LMS did another great job for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

bmc.... Glad you like the new LMS tune....I do!

Is High Boost = 3BAR or something else?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

The high boost was just an option they offered me with my old tune.. I had it without the 3bar and then with the 3 bar..
They no longer offer the "high boost" with the new V3 or V8 tunes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Looking forward to your further thoughts on the newest setup, bmc!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

explorergotoluvit

do you feel like your car go louder with the downpipes? i thinking of downpipes but its my wife dd and don't want it to loud. if it were my dd i would do them for sure but don't want it to loud for her
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

BiGMaC

Quote from: explorergotoluvit on April 22, 2014, 01:13:01 AM
do you feel like your car go louder with the downpipes? i thinking of downpipes but its my wife dd and don't want it to loud. if it were my dd i would do them for sure but don't want it to loud for her

As for catted... deeper throatier more authoritative exhaust note...not louder at idle... a little louder on acceleration, but not too much... quiet as a church mouse cruising.

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 22, 2014, 01:58:49 AM

As for catted... deeper throatier more authoritative exhaust note...not louder at idle... a little louder on acceleration, but not too much... quiet as a church mouse cruising.
BC is right on the money.... I already had the cat back installed. The DP's made them deeper. At idle you can hardly tell and at WOT (haven't really let her loose yet) it has a bit more "roar" then with just the cat back..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

JimiJak

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on April 22, 2014, 06:16:55 AM

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 22, 2014, 01:58:49 AM

BC is right on the money.... I already had the cat back installed. The DP's made them deeper. At idle you can hardly tell and at WOT (haven't really let her loose yet) it has a bit more "roar" then with just the cat back..

What's the general consensus on non-catted dp's then? Just more rasp, or higher overall volume?

Thanks!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

Livernois Motorsports

BigMoney,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying all of your products from us. Do you plan on posting any videos of your Explorer sport?

Brandon

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A