• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Exhaust and drone

Started by FaSSt9602, November 06, 2012, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaSSt9602

What kits are out there for our cars?  Who's are you running and what is the interior drone like?  What does this Ecoboost sound like opened up?  I hope not too importy...   :blink:
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

I want mine stock quiet 99% of the time so I have a cutout.
Here's mine with cutout open - which is only when I open it, other wise quiet like a whisper :)

My flex with cutout open
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FaSSt9602

We are going to have to meet up so I can hear that thing in person?  Who did it and how much do you have into it?
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on November 06, 2012, 10:45:37 AM
We are going to have to meet up so I can hear that thing in person?  Who did it and how much do you have into it?

I had AZ Dyno Chip here in AZ do it, we call it a ghetto cutout because it's so well, ghetto... :)
I did a before/after at the track this last weekend and gained .2 in ET and 2 MPH - so about 20 HP +/-
What I really want to do is have a vendor make a catless (or catted) down pipe that connects the pipes together from two 2.5" down pipes into a single 3.5" pipe with a Y for cutout then separate back to dual pipes that fit into stock mid-pipe.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

WOW!!! An "H" Pipe and a Lake Plug all in one!!!!

I have an x-pipe with 3rd cat and mid-muffler delete, plus at rear, a pair of satin SS Magnaflows, that I painted black for stealth...

The Mid-pipe x-pipe section came from NESHO, who sent me extra flanges so it is removable, so the stock 3rd cat + mid-muffler can be put back in. 

The Magnaflows at rear, with the rest stock give our Brick a growl that is almost the same as a stock 2012-2013 Mustang V-6.  It's about perfect.  Really can't hear it when over 30 mph, but at least you know you have an gasoline engine, instead of an electric motor.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.