• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Spoiler removal and replacement

Started by FracaSHO, April 20, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

My spoiler was loose on the driver side and I was hearing something rattling around in the deck lid when opening and closing it. I thought it was a broken tab or clip.  When I had some time to take a look, I found that it's held down by bolts. 2 of them had somehow come off. While I had everything apart, I figured I'd take some pics and share with everyone in case you have the same problem as me, or just want to remove or replace your spoiler.

Note: I have the duck tail spoiler. For you guys with the newer styles, I would assume this would apply, but with less bolts since it's only held down at either side.

1) Open trunk and remove the cover under the lid. First remove the pull down handle, if you have one. There are 2 screws.  You'll need a T25 screw driver.  Next, there are about 10 or so round plastic clips that hold the cover  in place. You can use a flat head screw driver to pry them off, but they are stuck on pretty good. I took some needle nose pliers, worked one side down a little with the tip, then got a firm grip and pulled straight down.  Finally, slide the emergency trunk release handle through the small slit in the cover and remove.

2)  There are 5 or 6 bolts holding down the spoiler. They are circled in the pics.

Here is a pic of the 2 that came off.

You'll need a socket wrench with an 11mm socket. I used a 3" extension, but that's the minimum. I would advise a longer extension. Simply remove, replace, or tighten down as required. Tighten to a snug fit. Don't tighten them to much. 

3) To reinstall the cover, slide the release handle back through the slit, insert the clips by pressing them back on, and screw the pull down handle back on.

Here is a before and after pic of the loose end of the spoiler.

NOTE:  There is a metal tab that secures the screws for the pull down handle. It has a tendency to pop off so be careful. If it does pop off, just snap it back into place.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP