• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13.1's and 13.2's all night.

Started by 2010SHOtime, April 17, 2014, 09:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010SHOtime

Not bad runs but I was hoping to hit 12's... Maybe next time!
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

68_GT

nice runs !

if only you had the PP you probably would have dipped into the 12's :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SwampRat

Quote from: 2010SHOtime on April 17, 2014, 09:33:27 PM

Any other mods  besides the tune . What tune file is it ?

Nice run !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

2010SHOtime

What would have put me in the 12's with the PP, the stiffer suspension?

All it has is the tune, nothing else. I'm running the 93 octane tune. Will be adding the 3 bar sensor and intake in the next couple of weeks and I'll see if it makes a difference.

BiGMaC

Quote from: 2010SHOtime on April 17, 2014, 11:39:28 PM
What would have put me in the 12's with the PP, the stiffer suspension?

All it has is the tune, nothing else. I'm running the 93 octane tune. Will be adding the 3 bar sensor and intake in the next couple of weeks and I'll see if it makes a difference.

IMHO #1 is Downpipes (and the downpipe mod to the tune)... bolt on 15-20 HP at least even in stock.... easy, quick, works.

3BAR MAP sensor... allows engine to use boost over 14.5 psi... must have tune modded for it (both major tuners can)

E85... if your up for mixing fuel, Meth is a better way to start if your not up on fueling the big girl. 

Air restriction in the SHO is the saxophone... Many have had a slower quarter running Airaid or KNN... members here. Spend your performance dollars elsewhere.

Here's a list that 4DR Mike posted a while back with power and cost estimates. It was in the Power per Mod discussion.

Originally posted by 4DRHTRD...
I'm going to rank these by my opinion of best mod by power per dollar spent.
1. Tuning - you can pick up 30-70HP here pretty easily depending on what fuel is available to you and if you want to run race gas or not. Figure around $500 with tuner. The lower octane you can run the lower HP you an pick up thus the range. If you really want to maximize your power with tuning doing a dyno tuning session with your tuner will pick up another 10 to 30HP (IMHO) but will cost you a few hundred dollars more. If you're looking for ever HP safely this is the best case scenario.

2. Meth injection - you can pick up another 30-60 HP here depending on how aggressive you want to get with timing and your tuner. Cost between $200 and $1000 depending on how fancy you want to get with controllers, extra bottles for storage etc.

3. Turbo upgrade - If you have a tune and meth injection (my suggestion) or an aux fueling solution (discussed later) you can upgrade your turbos. Worth another 30-?  (most HP now is 600WHP with aux fueling)HP. Currently the upgrades upgrade either your compressor wheel and/or add an aftermarket wastegate. There is also a full turbo upgrade coming this fall or winter so no one knows the true maximum output of the turbo upgrade scenario yet and how much power the block will take. Currently $1500 to $2000 for the two stock turbo upgrades, and $2200 for a true turbo center section upgrade.

4. Downpipes - luckily multiple companies offer these now and they're getting cheaper, between $700ish and $1000 for around 20ish HP and quicker spooling of the turbos.  (EDIT: low end power and now prices are lower)
5. Exhaust - $100ish (remove 3rd cat, resonator and mufflers with straight pipe) to $1000+ for full stainless catback exhausts. Another 20ish HP here. (EDIT: may not like the sound)
6. Intake - jury is out on this one, we've seen these drop ET/MPH from doing intakes but hopefully we'll be coming out with a new intake tube per turbo with a cold air or sealed stock style box soon. $200ish to $700 

Optionals not normally used (my crazy mad scientist mods)
Nitrous - I've personally ran a 75 shot on my Flex and picked up .6 in the 1/4 mile. You can pick up a used kit and controller on Craigslist pretty cheaply and install. For all brand new gear it can get expensive. $250 (used parts) to $$$$$ for new.

Auxiliary fuel system - I'm the only one who's built one so far, to replicate with what I know now around $2800. Gives the ability for unlimited fuel without the HPFP sagging under load. Needed in the long term for the true turbo upgrade or if you want to run E85. This includes injectors, dual in tank fuel pumps and a modified intake manifold or intake spacer (working on this one)

E85 or E85 mix - Auxiliary fuel system required for this one as the stock system can't handle ANY E85 mix without running out of fuel. E85 let's you increase the timing massively and run "hotter" boost while cooling the intake track off as well. An alternative to running alky/water injection but a true fuel. Requires dual in tank fuel pumps to replace factory pump. This fuel has allowed me to get to 600WHP on just a turbo upgrade and downpipes/cutout.

Exhaust Manifolds - Now that I've hit 600WHP, the small size of the factory exhaust manifolds is starting to get in the way, need to find a way to replace stockers, this might open up a way to also install a T3 turbo swap.

Water to Air Intercooler - 600WHP has caused me to start looking hard at the factory intercooler and replacing it. An aftermarket water to air will be the best scenario as there's just no good way to fit a big air to air in the front of the car. I'm guessing at the current 26PSI I'm at that I can pick up 30-50WHP here.

Dual-in-tank fuel pumps - Auxiliary fuel system required for this one as the stock system can't handle ANY E85 mix without running out of fuel. E85 let's you increase the timing massively and run "hotter" boost while cooling the intake track off as well. An alternative to running alky/water injection but a true fuel.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

2010SHOtime

Downpipes are a must have and that's my next purchase.

68_GT

what is the saxophone in the air restriction ? I think I asked before but didn't catch the response. Is it something that can be replaced / modified ?

is all that saying a catbakc exhaust is worth another 20hp on top of 15-20hp with downpipes so 35-40hp increase total with a full exhaust ?

the PP has lower gearing. I was kinda serious and kinda stirring the PP pot :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on April 18, 2014, 01:09:34 AM
what is the saxophone in the air restriction ? I think I asked before but didn't catch the response. Is it something that can be replaced / modified ?

is all that saying a catbakc exhaust is worth another 20hp on top of 15-20hp with downpipes so 35-40hp increase total with a full exhaust ?

In order...

The saxophone is the filtered air turbo feed pipe... starts at the box and ends at the turbos... some people call it the snake...   O:-)  the piping that the recirc nipples for OEM BoVs stick out of...

Don't have the data for the DP CB combo  :naughty:  ... not my list, Maybe Mike can clarify.  I doubt they are completely additive  :dunno:

He said PP pot   :clown: ... Is that one of those things I saw in my granny's bedroom at night?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

68_GT

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 18, 2014, 02:20:36 AM

In order...

The saxophone is the filtered air turbo feed pipe... starts at the box and ends at the turbos... some people call it the snake...   O:-)  the piping that the recirc nipples for OEM BoVs stick out of...

Don't have the data for the DP CB combo  :naughty:  ... not my list, Maybe Mike can clarify.  I doubt they are completely additive  :dunno:

He said PP pot   :clown: ... Is that one of those things I saw in my granny's bedroom at night?
[/quote

LMAO

can that saxaphone section be replaced ? I guess that's the issue unless you get a $1,500 dual inlet intakes ??

Needmoreboost

For just a tune that is very respectable.  I snuck into the 12's barely on Torrie tune only.  Remember there are a lot of factors such as DA, track prep, etc. etc.  What rpms were you launching at?  I found the non-pp cars need a little more rpms on the brake.  A little better 60' and your in the 12's. 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

2010SHOtime

Quote from: Needmoreboost on April 18, 2014, 09:08:06 AM

For just a tune that is very respectable.  I snuck into the 12's barely on Torrie tune only.  Remember there are a lot of factors such as DA, track prep, etc. etc.  What rpms were you launching at?  I found the non-pp cars need a little more rpms on the brake.

Thanks! I was launching at about 2200 rpms. With the 13.2 runs I was playing around with the RPMs to see if I can get something better but 2200 seemed to work best. It was actually pretty windy that day. Temps were in the high 50's but winds were between 15-20 mph. I'm not sure what the DA was.

black99lightning

Quote from: 2010SHOtime on April 18, 2014, 09:11:22 AM

For just a tune that is very respectable.  I snuck into the 12's barely on Torrie tune only.  Remember there are a lot of factors such as DA, track prep, etc. etc.  What rpms were you launching at?  I found the non-pp cars need a little more rpms on the brake.

Thanks! I was launching at about 2200 rpms. With the 13.2 runs I was playing around with the RPMs to see if I can get something better but 2200 seemed to work best. It was actually pretty windy that day. Temps were in the high 50's but winds were between 15-20 mph. I'm not sure what the DA was.

You can figure DA by going to dragtimes.com.  They have a DA calculator.  Was the wind a straight headwind/sidewind?  If it was a tailwind that is a blessing.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

2010SHOtime

Quote from: black99lightning on April 18, 2014, 09:24:47 AM
Quote from: 2010SHOtime on April 18, 2014, 09:11:22 AM

No it was a head on wind.

You can figure DA by going to dragtimes.com.  They have a DA calculator.  Was the wind a straight headwind/sidewind?  If it was a tailwind that is a blessing.

BiGMaC

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 18, 2014, 02:20:36 AM

In order...

[/quote

LMAO

can that saxaphone section be replaced ? I guess that's the issue unless you get a $1,500 dual inlet intakes ??

Thats exactly what I'm having fabbed and built... gonna get pre/post dynos... but we'll see if it works.  I am sure the stock intake and flilter/box is not a restriction... at least below 400-450WHP... I'll be using it (closed) ... am having a true CF top made though.