• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2012 MKS - Sport w/ Tint & debadged

Started by Woody, April 16, 2014, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

Just finished getting the tint done.  Pulled the LINCOLN and the Ecoboost badges off the trunk.  Going to keep the MKS for now.  The tint is 5% on the back glass and roofs, 35% on the doors and 50% on the windshield.  Hardly worth mentioning but I also put some yellow "Optilux" fog light bulbs in.  Considering H&R springs, a subwoofer, MyCal and down pipe.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Im liking those mks' more and more.
Talk about the ultimate sleeper....
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Bigfoot

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

Woody

Thanks guys.  Being that I still have full warranty, I'm sticking to cosmetics for now.  The H&R Springs are in my sights now.  I would also really love some boom.  My 09 had a FAR better stereo than this 12.  Primarily in the bass department.  Much easier to add a sub to this car than to put the drivetrain and sport appearance package on my 09 though. ;)  I called around to a few shops and got prices for installing springs ranging from $100 per hour to $500 installed and aligned to $700 installed and aligned from the dealer.  Looking at the profile shot I'm debating the lowering.  I also don't want to negatively impact the ride.  I've gotten spoiled with the comfy yet sporty ride of my last 3 Lincolns.

68_GT

I'd like to see a MKS witht 2014 SHO wheels on. Those skinny 5 stars. Sexy and aggressive.

yours looks great BTW.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

Joleat

Looking good, Woody! I debated silver when I bought my Tux Black MKS. I was trading in an Ingot Silver car, so I ultimately went with black just to change it up a bit. I would happily take a black, silver, or white one though! Those are the three best colors for the MKS, imo.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

TaurusBuilder

I love these cars. They just look right. The messed up the front end on the new 1s. Can't wait to lower mine. Are there any picks around with a lowered MKS with appearance package?

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

Woody

I agree. I know 3 or 4 people who have owned an MKS and replaced it with another MKS. I think that says a lot about the car.

White with brown was my first choice. My trade was not perfect so I was having a hard time getting the deal I wanted. This dealer worked it out and had this silver sport package. The sport package was the key for me. I would have taken a sport package in just about any color. I like silver though. Easy to care for.

JohnnyBravo

I LOVE the appearance package on your car.  I looked high and low for a car that had every option I wanted and just couldn't find one.  Ended up settling on the one I have with every option (adaptive headlights, park assist, radar cruise, etc) except the appearance package.  The unpainted bottom pieces aren't quite as noticeable on the black, but I still love how all the color matched stuff looks on your car, plus the darker headlights.  Your car is REALLY sharp.

This is my car with the H&R springs.  I love the look and don't think it diminished the ride quality at all.  It handles much better in corners and didn't lose any comfort on the highways.  $500 installed and aligned is probably fair.  I wouldn't pay much more than that.

Joleat

I searched for close to 6 months before I found an acceptable deal on an EcoBoost Appearance Package car. When I found it, it was 6 hours away, but I had no problem making the trip for the car I wanted. Much of what JohnnyBravo has done to is will be done to mine shortly. The next step for me is vinyl wrap over the chrome and I plan to have my wheels and emblems done in anthracite. I just recently had my grilles color matched. I have a build thread in the appropriate section of this forum if anyone is interested in following my progress.

On a side note, I ordered my X4 and 3-bar MAP earlier today. Woohoo!

MKS, unite!
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

SwampRat

You guys gotta watch out for TaurusBuilder  ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Woody

Yours looks sweet all blacked out JohnnyBravo.  I wanted to dechrome my Ink Blue MKS, but don't feel the need to with the silver.  At some point I might do the roof black and if I did that, I would dechrome those strips.

I love these cars!  I also don't care for the 13 grille.  I much prefer the 09-12.  I also don't like the Touch stack.  I prefer the buttons.  My 09 had every option available at the time, including the adaptive cruise.  This one is lacking adaptive cruise and park assist.  I love the adaptive cruise, but I didn't get to use it much so it's not a huge loss.

Tomc612

Very nice looking car and clean.. nice color

Woody

I've wanted badly to finish clay/polish and waxing the car, but I've been sleeping all day yesterday and today with a horrible head cold.  I have also discovered that the previous owners parked by sound/feel.  The underside of the front bumper is pretty well hosed.  I need to find some kind of material I can put in there to screw everything back together.  Then yesterday when I was doing the rear BOV I was under the drivers door getting a screwdriver that fell and I found the lower cover was loose inside the wheel.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get it up on the ramps and take a look and see what I can do for the underside.  I love this car more every day though! 

As for the BOV's being VTA, I drove the wife around today and then drove her and her parents downtown for dinner.  I doubt they ever even heard it.  I heard it a couple times.  But in normal driving, you can keep it quiet as a mouse.  I love that I can drive a comfortable luxury sedan and then open it up and have a fun turbo car when I want it.  Never could have fit the 4 of us in my WRX, at least not comfortably.