• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OEM Head Unit question

Started by SwampRat, April 13, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

All of the 13/14 SHO's that I've seen come with the Sony Head Unit .

Mine is not , it looks the same as the pic below I got online showing the stereo in a 2013 Flex SE .. The base Taurus uses a completly different stereo.
Does anyone else have this in a 13/14 SHO ?
It does have Sync and MyTouch.

It's not a major concern , just curious .
I plan on gutting the whole audio system and use the Head as the signal source next year anyway and do a full blown audiophile component upgrade on the rest .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

slurppie

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

slurppie

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

Wilson

Didn't know they made a non Sony on the SHO. News to me, not that your missing anything sound wise, its pretty crappy TBH.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

BiGMaC

The Sony unit was part of the 402A package on the '13 SHO, along with HD radio, active park assist (pics a place then parks itelf), rain sensing wipers, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, blind spot monitoring system, and rear window power sunshade.

The Sony headunit and speaker set as well as the HD radio capability (for terrestrial and sirius) are options included in 402A.   Sync and MFT are standard equipment on all Taurus models.  Had to look up some window stickers to get this, I had not ever had seen a SHO without the Sony/HD until now.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock