• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3.5 Ecoboost Carbon Buildup

Started by jtoddk98, April 10, 2014, 09:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I honestly always considered and wondered how effective it would be using plain oil natural h2o(water)then removing the intake manifold and using a portable heavy duty clothes steamer with a built in hose attached to it,if proven effective could be a safer alternative than using harsh chemicals and brushes,only a thought which i had for quite sometime now.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

When we were putting the engineers through the ringer with our in depth questions at the Ford assembly plant in Chicago.

There came a time when it was open suggestion time for improvements we'd like to see on futures SHO'S. With the usual suggestions we've all talked about, I asked about a Ford approved cleaning/service regimen for us to follow or come to them to have done.

The wife pointed out that this was the one time the lead engineer on the drive-train stopped his actions and searched for a pen and paper to write it down....fingers crossed.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Good question, hope they come up with something!  Nice to see a Gen I Edge in the lot as well.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 26, 2015, 08:47:38 AM
When we were putting the engineers through the ringer with our in depth questions at the Ford assembly plant in Chicago.

There came a time when it was open suggestion time for improvements we'd like to see on futures SHO'S. With the usual suggestions we've all talked about, I asked about a Ford approved cleaning/service regimen for us to follow or come to them to have done.

The wife pointed out that this was the one time the lead engineer on the drive-train stopped his actions and searched for a pen and paper to write it down....fingers crossed.

Rich

Maybe they'll come up with something... Thanks for getting the problem some air time in a good forum. Wish they would just add a PFI in tandem with the GDI like they did on the new Ford GT... Plenty of fuel to do it. Maybe even tune it to 600 CHP like they did in that application while their at it!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOnUup

That was another of my suggestions...lol

Dual fueling, it got a good grin...so who knows

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

91hybrid

Just run dual fueling now.😏
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

FoMoCoSHO

Damn, I wish I knew there was gonna be a q&a......

I'd like to know what happened between the twin force and ecoboost that they removed the e85 rating and the extra ponies that came with it....

bpd1151

I enjoyed watching the engineers squirm a lil bit as well.

But kudos to each of them as they did put forth their best efforts while simultaneously trying to pass off the hot potato to the next engineer they summoned elsewhere from within the bowels of the plant.

With each subsequent engineer that entered the room, the look of shock and bewilderment intensified.

Ha! Great stuff for sure!

Although I did notch it back a psi or two (or three, or four) and did my best to attempt bridging the divide so to speak, between not only our concerns and wishes, but also between their obvious intentional self imposed censorship for fear of receiving 'x' amount of canings from Corporate Personnel, I agree we did leave them with lots to discuss and think about.

FMC was gracious in their time & presented each of the attendees with a rewarding, memorable experience for sure.

Top notch. I for one was happy learning that the SHO, even though not a true stellar sales producer in the sense, is still very much on the radar from what I gathered, & is continuing on.