• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Full hard pipe CAI from FastLaneTurbo 3.5 EB

Started by SwampRat, April 02, 2014, 04:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Interesting find by panther427 on FastLaneTurbo

I spoke with Nick at FastLane and they are fabing a changed design of this for an install on friday . He is going to email picures of the components and final install then .

It is fabricated from aluminum .

A 20HP gain at least is guaranteed by him.

http://www.fastlaneturbo.com/fordtaurusecoboostinduction.aspx

Updates as soon I get them .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

thatsmrgimp2u

Interested to see what a tuned car will benefit from this
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

panther427

Nice S.R. i didnt even think to call them lol.. Did you find the answer to the important question of whose car that is and find out how much its gonna cost to hydra dip your raditor cover :)
2013 SHO

SwampRat

Quote from: panther427 on April 02, 2014, 06:08:50 PM
Nice S.R. i didnt even think to call them lol.. Did you find the answer to the important question of whose car that is and find out how much its gonna cost to hydra dip your raditor cover :)

Nahh ....didnt think to ask about the owner . FastLane does HydroGraphics and I found a few places  in OK that do it as well as I'm considering other options for any futher pieces .

I'm starting to get a little peeved at PCP parts ....

2021 Edge ST

Josephm

20HP, jeeze. I wonder if that claim is going to be proven.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SwampRat

Quote from: Josephm on April 02, 2014, 06:31:29 PM
20HP, jeeze. I wonder if that claim is going to be proven.

I don't think they would claim it without proof , they've got a pretty good rep in Houston and my neighbor has a Challenger and swears by em .

2021 Edge ST

Josephm

Would love to see one on the dyno. Intakes always make you feel like you have more power, just because of the noise, or the change in where the power comes.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

BBOX

Subbed, I was already curious but a new design? Now they really have my attention.

Wilson

Nice to see someone in Houston (besides Hennessy). I may have to check them out in person. Would live to have a tuner nearby like you Midwest guys have LMS.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

panther427

Well it coukd help throttle respose and you could pick up 20 horse with out picking it up as peak power too. I would be happy with an increase anywhere in the power band
2013 SHO

BBOX

Quote from: panther427 on April 02, 2014, 07:19:31 PM
Well it coukd help throttle respose and you could pick up 20 horse with out picking it up as peak power too. I would be happy with an increase anywhere in the power band

Yup, people get too focused on peak power, if it gives better throttle response and more power at a lower RPM, that's not so terrible either, though it still comes down to getting the power to the wheels of course.

BiGMaC

I've looked at the pic some more... love the tubing changes...no more tapering "saxophone or nasty looking plastic, although I wonder why not 2 separate tubes from the box, 1 to each turbo. A great improvement I think.

IMHO... still believe a closed filter box is the way to keep underhood air (not cold) from entering.  The air should be drawn from outside the engine compartment via large bore closed tubing (piping like the pic) to have the coolest air possible.  Mike B and I discussed this development idea today over at Black Market Racing/Full Race... I think we may get going on the development again as soon as the cutouts are ready.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

explorergotoluvit

2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

SwampRat

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: explorergotoluvit on April 02, 2014, 07:41:11 PM
is this going to work with the xsport?

I was with Mike today for a while on several things, plus I'm old, but.... I think they are in development and nearly done... but he can correct me if I'm wrong.  Maybe PM him.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock