• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mopars At The Strip

Started by QuickSilver, April 01, 2014, 01:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilver

Admittedly I am not a drag racer, I've done it for 25+ years but it's not something I have a passion for. Now WOT acceleration AND turning AND braking around a roadcourse-That's racing :rock: Since I do have a rag tag collection of Mopars, I  go to Mopars At The Strip each year in Vegas, it's April 11-13th this year and all the usual suspects will be there so I'm in.  This year I'm 'debuting' my 1984 Dodge Rampage. It's been soaking up time and energy from me for almost 20 years and no, it's not done yet :-[

Gone is the 85HP carbureted motor and in it's place a is a Lotus derived DOHC 2.2l turbo motor that was in the 91-93 Dodge Spirit RT's and Daytona IROC RT's. The previous owner started the whole project rolling in '94 when he found a wrecked 93 IROC that a Camp Pendleton based Marine wrecked his first weekend and 912 miles into ownership. FInanced it on Friday, totaled it on Sunday.  When I bought the Truck  off the original owner in '96 or '97 he sold it to me for $1500. and a bag of receipts that totaled just about $20,000. he spent on it :blink:  It was his vision but unfortunately he lacked fabrication skils to build it so he paid various mechanics to do the conversion process for him, heck some of it was even done at a couple San Diego Dodge dealerships. Imagine going to a Ford dealer today and asking them to shoehorn a motor that over twice as powerful into the engine bay after they got done :icon_lol:at you, they'd say no thanks. What a build disaster of epic proportions! Everything was either hacked in or hacked on so I've been rebuilding it for the last 18 years to my standards. Not very much is stock anymore, and that 220HP motor from the factory is rebuilt with forged/ported/polished/upgraded everything and a T04 E trim turbo. At 16PSI boost it's over 350 now. It's a real  uh, 'experience' to drive or ride in :spiteful: 

Any EBPF members going to be around Vegas next weekend? They have a class for anything vs the Mopars if you guyus wanna race 8)  I entered the 'truck' class and 'sport compact' to get twice as much track time. If no oily parts find their way out of the block I'm expecting mid 11's, a buddy of mine back east with the same motor and the same Rampage( damn his is nice, google Bill Baker Rampage if your bored) is running 11.72's so I want to beat that mark :))

I only have a couple pics on my new 'surface' PC, most of the build pics are trapped in my old laptop. I'll add a few sourced from another site if I get time.

EDIT:  DAMMIT MIKE!  Site wont allow the pic size  :curse:

SECOND EDIT: I opened them with paint and resized them to 85% original, seemed to work but a PIA...
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

SHOdded

If you can link 'em in from PB of Flickr etc, that'd be cool too!  How big of a pic are we talking about?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

x2. ... Photobucket or Flicker will
fix it free

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

QwikSHO

Glad to see another Turbo Mopar fan here.

Needmoreboost

Never ran her on the strip because it would not hook up on street tires in 1st,2nd, and sometimes 3rd gear.  :O
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

QuickSilver

Quote from: Needmoreboost on April 01, 2014, 08:55:39 PM
Never ran her on the strip because it would not hook up on street tires in 1st,2nd, and sometimes 3rd gear.  :O

Yeah, same problem with the Rampage but the 8.5"X 26.5" M&H's are gonna fix that ;)
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

Needmoreboost

Quote from: QuickSilver on April 01, 2014, 09:22:36 PM
Quote from: Needmoreboost on April 01, 2014, 08:55:39 PM

Yeah, same problem with the Rampage but the 8.5"X 26.5" M&H's are gonna fix that ;)

That's the ticket!  :) 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.