• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Definitive EcoBoost Exhaust Sound Thread

Started by thatsmrgimp2u, March 29, 2014, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airbornemaikai

Here's a link to my exhaust sound clip. Sorry its so short but it was late. All my mods are listed in my sig
http://youtu.be/q0q4R8F5MQk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

wasinger3000

Quote from: AlaskaEcoboost on August 10, 2014, 02:27:41 PM

This is a Magnaflow muffler in the middle, rear mufflers deleted. Factory pipe size. The in cab drone is brutal. Ear rupturing at 1200, 1900, and 2200 RPMs. It sounds awesome at 2700 and up.
Needs a tuned resonator like I built. It eliminates the drone. I had the same ear shattering drone.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jkeblaitis

I got a GoPro Hero4 Black and decided to make a exhaust sound clip, here is my Corsa cat back
http://youtu.be/-tAiyCbteeM
2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

jtoddk98

Id love to have the corsa, but I don't have $1200 to spend on an exhaust. I thing in going to go with some Dynomax mufflers for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

wasinger3000

Quote from: alpine_jake on October 11, 2014, 12:17:47 AM
Quote from: jtoddk98 on October 11, 2014, 12:00:25 AM
Id love to have the corsa, but I don't have $1200 to spend on an exhaust. I thing in going to go with some Dynomax mufflers for now.

Any one happy with just after market mufflers?
I am. Just have to make a tuned resonator for the drone.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Quinid

Anyone have an exhaust that flows better than stock, but is still quiet? I know what you are thinking... But, I just can't have cops turning their heads every time i stomp on the pedal. I live in a small town and my job requires me to maintain a clean driving record.... BUT I STILL WANNA HAVE FUN.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

ZSHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUHqiVPFixU Did an updated video on my current setup with PPE DP'S AND CORSA EXHAUST and want to thank 4DRHTRD ,MIKE,B for the great work on the DP'S,THANK YOU.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

alpine_jake

Quote from: jtoddk98 on October 11, 2014, 12:00:25 AM

Im doing dynomax mufflers and a mag x pipe here soon. Ill let you know how it goes
2010 Non-pp pearl white, Torrie tuned, 3Bar, Dyno Max mufflers and polished 4"tips, 170 Thermo, slotted and drilled black rotors, ceramic pads, silver calipers, tinted tails, .030 NGK

TooFast4SHO

I have PPE catted down pipes and the 3rd cat deleted with two pieces of straight pipe, the rest of the exhaust it stock (resonator and mufflers). It sounds growly at idle whith slight reving and sporty with normal driving but I would say it is still quiet, any louder and everone would be looking at you...
2014 SHO non PP, Livernois 3bar v8 tune, PPE Catted Downpipes, 3rd cat delete with straight pipe stock back, H&R Dropped Springs, Low Temp Thermo. Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance, Lane Keeping, Auto Brights..

12.99 @ 106.4 with 3/4 tank of gas and spare etc. in car.

peppelepugh

Quote from: TooFast4SHO on October 16, 2014, 12:17:18 PM
I have PPE catted down pipes and the 3rd cat deleted with two pieces of straight pipe, the rest of the exhaust it stock (resonator and mufflers). It sounds growly at idle whith slight reving and sporty with normal driving but I would say it is still quiet, any louder and everone would be looking at you...

If you can, could you possibly get a video/sound clip of that? In the spring i'm looking at doing the same thing, but putting in an X-Pipe instead of the 2 straight pipes. I like the whole "Sleeper Sound" for now.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

TooFast4SHO

I will try to get one tonight, I though about the x-pipe but it is just for cylinder balance at low RPM and since we are turbo etc. I saw no need for the upper RPM restriction.
2014 SHO non PP, Livernois 3bar v8 tune, PPE Catted Downpipes, 3rd cat delete with straight pipe stock back, H&R Dropped Springs, Low Temp Thermo. Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance, Lane Keeping, Auto Brights..

12.99 @ 106.4 with 3/4 tank of gas and spare etc. in car.

peppelepugh

Quote from: TooFast4SHO on October 16, 2014, 02:30:23 PM
I will try to get one tonight, I though about the x-pipe but it is just for cylinder balance at low RPM and since we are turbo etc. I saw no need for the upper RPM restriction.

You're probably right, i was also reading up on how there probably isn't enough gain to really justify it in the long run. Since it'll be how much cheaper just to cut out the 3rd cat like you're doing.

No rush on the video by any means. Although, i'm really excited to see it!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

jayskycj

Quote from: peppelepugh on October 16, 2014, 01:01:11 PM
Quote from: TooFast4SHO on October 16, 2014, 12:17:18 PM

Look a couple pages back for my vid, I have basically the same setup. PPE catted dps, third muffler/resonator delete and stock mufflers. 
If you can, could you possibly get a video/sound clip of that? In the spring i'm looking at doing the same thing, but putting in an X-Pipe instead of the 2 straight pipes. I like the whole "Sleeper Sound" for now.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoman04

Quote from: Quinid on October 11, 2014, 01:06:32 AM
Anyone have an exhaust that flows better than stock, but is still quiet? I know what you are thinking... But, I just can't have cops turning their heads every time i stomp on the pedal. I live in a small town and my job requires me to maintain a clean driving record.... BUT I STILL WANNA HAVE FUN.
I have the full pwr up-grade (down-pipe,2.5 exhaust, 2.5 x-pipe, METH KIT, with exchangeable DynoMax/Stock Muffler) Just changing DynoMax 2" from 2" Stock gain no pwr but just sounds good. A 2.5" pipe can be added to them and the stock mufflers. Helping me make 405hpw but QUIT AS STOCK !!! For road trips with the wife!!!!!!

STOCK MUFFLERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMHgb4XUPsc
DynoMax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu5Fnpx7zs.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1: