• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Definitive EcoBoost Exhaust Sound Thread

Started by thatsmrgimp2u, March 29, 2014, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

thatsmrgimp2u

The less restrictions you have the louder your turbos get. Take out cats, turbos get louder. Take out the factory resonator and put some straightflow mufflers in they get super loud. Mine were louder without the vibrant s, but not much.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

JimiJak

Thanks!

Intake or hot pipes have much of an effect on it? Or mostly just exhaust stuff?
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

SHODYOU

Just exhaust stuff... muffler swap made em audible. 3rd cat/res delete, even with a muffled x and they were pretty noticeable. 

Catless dp's and under any load its whistles... great to hear em reflecting off cars/buildings/trees while you have windows down.

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

FracaSHO

Does anyone have or can make a video of how a Corsa exhaust sounds from inside their SHO while cruising at highway speeds? With or without DP's.
Please and thank you.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SwampRat

Quote from: FracaSHO on April 19, 2014, 11:25:19 PM
Does anyone have or can make a video of how a Corsa exhaust sounds from inside their SHO while cruising at highway speeds? With or without DP's.
Please and thank you.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone

Video clip rolling down the road ... Corsa with PPE non catted

http://youtu.be/tnx6dIRq6ps
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Admin

SHODYOU

I was about to say... its basically useless to try to video.
Even with my catless dp's at hwy speed the tires and wind are louder. It falls a distant 3rd in the noise category unless im giving it throttle.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

JimiJak

Alright...first off: Thank you all for this excellent resource!

Second: (edited to make more sense)
Has anyone heard flowmasters on a transverse?

What I'm really trying to isolate from all these videos is the rasp. So what is it exactly I want to stay away from?

I'm thinking 2.5" or 3" non-catted DPs, 3" back to magnaflow Tru-X 3" crossover, 3" back to MBRP, Corsa, or Flowmaster 10s, out to 4 or 5" tips...good idea / bad idea? Hoping for something original here, that fits my taste...

Also, anyone heard any updates to the 3" downpipes @adrianMAK had in development? I haven't seen anything posted since May...

JimiJak

:chop:

Whelp...that must have done it...not sure what I asked that put it over the edge; but sorry I suck and killed this thread. :axe:

SHODYOU

I would not run anything chambered (flowmaster or knockoff) on a turbo vehicle.
The pulses it creates sends a wave back into the turbo and kills power.
The way they work is by pulsing the exhaust in the chambers to create a vacuum that supposedly sucks out more exhaust, but turbos hate it.
Post turbo exhaust should be about removing any and all restrictions post compressor.

Stick with a straight thru type... if you want a deeper flowmaster type sound (but no hollowness) go with a Mac FloPath or Spintech. 
Neither are a true straight thru but neither design slows down exhaust flow.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: shoman04 on March 31, 2014, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: shoman04 on March 29, 2014, 11:07:34 PM
Here My LMS down-pipe, MagFlo 2.5" x-pipe, 2.5" exhaust, & DynoMax Mufflers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu5Fnpx7zs
Many people have ask about how quit is the car with the 3rd cat remove. Here my car stock mufflers on for a road trip with WIFE!!!!!! IT SOUNDS STOCK EVEN WITH ALL THE MOD's I HAVE!!!!!!! WOW
STOCK EXHAUST 2
Catted or catless dp's?

This is my favorite setup.

I prefer stealth and the tone of the stock mufflers.

It would be awesome if you swapped your setup at the strip sometime.

JimiJak

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 15, 2014, 08:03:26 PM
Well my exhaust is done. Wound up with a 2.25 xpipe, 2.25 vibrarant resonators, and two magnaflow mufflers with cherry bomb tips. Im finally happy with the sound. The resonators are a must have in this setup. Ill get a video up this weekend.

Any luck with the vid? TIA

JimiJak

For more info on this exhaust, more videos...and a boat-load more pics, check out THE FULL WRITE UP

MDesigns Exhaust Prototype
Stock air box + K&N Panel Filter. No engine mods. No tune.
http://youtu.be/y9wq6Zn83xM

bigmoneycloser

Do you have this VTA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes