• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My first tune by Torrie

Started by boltmann, March 27, 2014, 01:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boltmann

Quote from: Wilson on April 02, 2014, 04:44:00 PM
Back on topic, lol. How did it go at the track last weekend?  Were you able to break into the 12's?

unfortunately, I had a fuel pump issue the day before and had the car towed to the dealer.  should get it back tomorrow. the tech said it was a fuel pump wire shorting out.

nothing going on at the strip until the end of this month.  the wait is killing me.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Tuxedo Black (cuz black is Bad Ass!!)
402A PP Airaid CAI 91 Tune by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning

Best e.t. 13.59 @ 102 mph w/out tune

SHOdded

Will they do the fuel pump recall while it is there?  Make sure the hook all the wiring and piping back up properly ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

boltmann

I had the recall issue taken care of last year before I had the 1st service
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Tuxedo Black (cuz black is Bad Ass!!)
402A PP Airaid CAI 91 Tune by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning

Best e.t. 13.59 @ 102 mph w/out tune

RubyRed2014SHO

Hello all! I'm new to the Ecoboost community and just bought a 2014 SHO. I got a K&N CAI from AutoAnything and ordered plugs and an X4 from Torrie at Unleashed. I was wondering if anyone has seen any dyno numbers? I haven't had the chance to tune the car yet and install the hardware, as I ordered it last week and have been in Nebraska and the car is at home.  I know I have heard lots of good things about Unleashed tunes and am looking forward to testing it in my car. Thanks.

FoMoCoSHO

Send the CAI back.

OEM is faster.

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 14, 2014, 09:25:28 PM
Send the CAI back.

OEM is faster.

My vote too... on the SHO, other than sound change and eye candy, both AirAid and K&N have only been proven to slow down most SHOs about .1-.2sec in the quarter.  On the dyno in my 2013 SHO no difference between stock intake and filter when compared BTB to no intake at all... (entire OEM intake and filter box removed).

... And Welcome to EBPF RubyRed2014SHO!
:WELCOME:
Glad to have you with us!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

glock-coma

I just loaded my Torrie tune  last week. I had to ask for a little more torque management. Wasn't  a big fan of the firm shifts as a daily driver.
The power difference is crazy, night and day. I hit 16 psi the first day. The highest psi I  saw pre tune was 11.2

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+firm shift+boost
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

RubyRed2014SHO

I wish I would have read a little deeper before I bought it. I haven't installed it yet. May just have to send it! Not to change the subject but is there some kind of magic trick required to upload an avatar photo?

REDSHOCGO

Quote from: RubyRed2014SHO on April 22, 2014, 05:41:01 PM
I wish I would have read a little deeper before I bought it. I haven't installed it yet. May just have to send it! Not to change the subject but is there some kind of magic trick required to upload an avatar photo?
Go to profile up top then my profile you will see upload avatar on that page select a picture then hit save profile
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

tmcphail

Quote from: glock-coma on April 14, 2014, 09:45:04 PM
I just loaded my Torrie tune  last week. I had to ask for a little more torque management. Wasn't  a big fan of the firm shifts as a daily driver.
The power difference is crazy, night and day. I hit 16 psi the first day. The highest psi I  saw pre tune was 11.2

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
more to come.....

Awesome..
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

glock-coma

Quote from: tmcphail on May 05, 2014, 12:26:17 PM
Quote from: glock-coma on April 14, 2014, 09:45:04 PM

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
more to come.....

Awesome..

Torrie, seeing 16 psi do you I would benefit from a 3bar map?
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

tmcphail

Well the 3 bar allows for proper fuel calculation above that as long as you can feed it fuel pressure wise.
Take care,

RubyRed2014SHO

Got my Unleashed tunes from Torrie and love them. Drove the car 1800 miles two days after programming and it never missed a lick and also saw 26mpg on average running both the 91 and 93 tunes. I am disappointed that you can't buy 93 octane fuel out west of Missouri but I guess I will just have to deal with it. It might be my imagination, but the 93 tune feels stronger. I know some of you guys told me to send the K&N CAI back but I actually like how it enhances the sound of the turbos and bov's. I think I will keep it :-) Thanks Torrie. Next mod will be the 3 bar map and then I think the wife will strangle me :-D

tmcphail

No problem, glad you are pleased and enjoying the car. That is precisely why we all get involved in this in the first place
Take care,