• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My first tune by Torrie

Started by boltmann, March 27, 2014, 01:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 28, 2014, 10:26:27 AM
I highly suggest monitoring knock with Torque or better yet the Aeroforce gauges to make sure you're not in detonation all the time and not hearing it.

How can I learn more about this?  Should I be looking at "knock retard" or "learned Knock correction" on my aeroforce gauge?  I am not sure what it is telling me. 
Knock Retard - if you're seeing negative numbers it means the ECU is seeing knock and pulling timing, this is a bad thing. If it's seeing it all the time then your tune needs to be adjusted to lessen the timing or boost or both.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

68_GT

knock is caused by too much timing, or too much boost causing excessive heat right ? Can you start a datalog thread !? I just took the LMS tune for granted that it was a tamer therefore safe tune so I wouldn't have to worry about stuff like this, but I guess there's just too many variable and changing conditions to leave my trust completely to any canned tune right ? I mean this isn't just a need for LMS tunes, but for all no ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

southtxSHO

Seems like this thread took a different direction lol . Anyways good luck at the track . And vids vids vids if possible

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

BiGMaC

Yea!.... Good luck at the track this weekend!!!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Larrylu

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 10:31:43 AM
Quote from: Brucelinc on March 28, 2014, 10:26:27 AM
I highly suggest monitoring knock with Torque or better yet the Aeroforce gauges to make sure you're not in detonation all the time and not hearing it.

How can I learn more about this?  Should I be looking at "knock retard" or "learned Knock correction" on my aeroforce gauge?  I am not sure what it is telling me. 
Knock Retard - if you're seeing negative numbers it means the ECU is seeing knock and pulling timing, this is a bad thing. If it's seeing it all the time then your tune needs to be adjusted to lessen the timing or boost or both.

This sounds like a gauge I'd like to add to my Torque display. I spent several trips through the Torque menu looking for "knock retard" or something similar to no avail. Is it there and if so what is the label? 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

EcoPowerParts

You have to add it custom, there's information on how to do it, I'm headed out now but Ill try and find. You can search for knock pid and find it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Larrylu

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 02:11:02 PM
You have to add it custom, there's information on how to do it, I'm headed out now but Ill try and find. You can search for knock pid and find it.
Thanks. I searched and was not successful but I'm notoriously bad with forum searches. If you clue me a bit more it would be appreciated. Looked through all the custom PID's in Torque thinking to add a KNOCK RETARD if I found one....no luck yet.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Needmoreboost

Quote from: Larrylu on March 28, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

Thanks. I searched and was not successful but I'm notoriously bad with forum searches. If you clue me a bit more it would be appreciated. Looked through all the custom PID's in Torque thinking to add a KNOCK RETARD if I found one....no luck yet.

Larry I do not know Torque, but hopefully someone else here will speak up.  :)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Larrylu on March 28, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

Larry.... This might be the one:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1448.msg16878#msg16878

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Larrylu

Pay dirt!!  Now to input. Thanks for the assist

BiGMaC

Quote from: Larrylu on March 28, 2014, 05:10:13 PM

Glad it helped...   :beer2:

EcoPowerParts

Thanks for finding it, sorry busy with work and trying to figure out how to set up a huge wrestling tournament yet get a couple of passes in at Firebird tonight. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 28, 2014, 05:22:05 PM
Thanks for finding it, sorry busy with work and trying to figure out how to set up a huge wrestling tournament yet get a couple of passes in at Firebird tonight. :)

NP.... Hang in there on the tourney!, BTW, NOS and Meth Yet... Going for 9's?

Larrylu

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 28, 2014, 05:14:30 PM
Quote from: Larrylu on March 28, 2014, 05:10:13 PM

Glad it helped...   :beer2:

So cool to be able to add new gauges. I added the values to create the PID and presto I've got a new gauge to keep an eye on. Thanks all and especially BiGMaC for finding the right thread. That was the toughest part of the job!

Wilson

Back on topic, lol. How did it go at the track last weekend?  Were you able to break into the 12's?
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires