• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My first tune by Torrie

Started by boltmann, March 27, 2014, 01:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boltmann

Hey guys,

Long time reader first time poster.

Received and installed my first tune by Torrie with the new SCT X4.

All I have to say is WOW!! Can't wait to get it to the track this weekend. I'm running in the Summit Series, race 1&2 Saturday and Sunday.

My best e.t. is a 13.59 @ 102 mph and the only mod is a CAI.  I see high 12's this weekend easy.  I will keep y'all updated with the new and improved e.t.'s.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Tuxedo Black (cuz black is Bad Ass!!)
402A PP Airaid CAI 91 Tune by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning

Best e.t. 13.59 @ 102 mph w/out tune

BiGMaC

Best of luck this weekend!
... and a belated Welcome!
:WELCOME:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Welcome to the community, thank you for being here!  Great stock time, and looking forward to your report with the tune.  Breaking into the 12's looks almost a certainty.  Are you going to be datalogging/customizing the tune?

Please do tell us a bit more about yourself, in the Introductions area (http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?board=14.0), so we can all give you a proper welcome :)  And feel free to post pics of your ride(s).  We have a section for Drag Times, as you probably already know, your record-breaking slips will find a good home there :)

Times:  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?board=36.0
Videos:  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?board=73.0
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Brucelinc

Awesome ET for being stock! 

steve142857

Very good ET for being stock indeed. It appears that the 2013 are faster stock. At least the PP. Also, with a tune only, they respond very well. 12's shouldn't be a problem... The problem with the 2013's is that no one has been able to tweek it as aggressive as the 2010-12. If my 2013 would be tuned as aggressive as stage 4+, my setup would have put my 2013 SHO in the 11's!
Good luck, enjoy it and post back!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Needmoreboost

Awesome and congrats on the tune.  And BTW, Torrie has got the tuning figured out on the 13 plus cars...  :)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

2010SHOtime

I too just recently got my car tuned by Torrie and love the way it pulls now!
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

steve142857

Quote from: Needmoreboost on March 27, 2014, 09:24:36 AM
Awesome and congrats on the tune.  And BTW, Torrie has got the tuning figured out on the 13 plus cars...  :)
What I am saying is that, at least Livernois, hasn't been able to make a tune as aggressive on the 2013 as I had on my 2010.
My 2013 PP now has downpipes. It launches faster and even with that, I make the same times as my 2010 that was a non-PP with no downpipes. The trap speed with the 2013 tune is slower by about 2mph...
That tune is supposed to be XV1, but they are facing problems apparently.
Maybe they figured out some things since Dan made my current tune that was made back in May 2013... That's be great, I am so close to the 11's!
Or maybe they want to sell us the upgraded turbos? Because with XV1, being in the 11's, I would have the fastest time (it is still Mike's SHO that ran a 11.95 sec.). It's like car companies that want to preserve the hierarchy within their cars and refuse to put a certain engine in a smaller car so that people that wants to go faster need to buy the higher end car...
Just a thought that I had to try understanding why XV1 still isn't available almost one year after they started developping it...
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

SwampRat

Welcome to EBPF , you're gonna love this site .

Torries the man ! !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

boltmann

I will get myself introduced in the other thread and post some pi s and vids as you recommend.

I own my own biz and put in 12 to 16 hours a day so I really only get a chance to check out the forum at the end of my evenimg when winding down

I do hope to be doing some data logging this weekend and get more of a custom tune. I tend to like to install 1 mod at a time to see improvements of each.

Boltmann out!!
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Tuxedo Black (cuz black is Bad Ass!!)
402A PP Airaid CAI 91 Tune by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning

Best e.t. 13.59 @ 102 mph w/out tune

EcoPowerParts

Make sure to do some tune revisions with him, nothing can beat a tune made specifically for your own car and not just a canned tune. One size does not fit all!
I would also throw some 100 octane in there and have him do some revisions/datalog reviews with you. I picked up almost a full second on 100 octane!
:)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

I have to agree that a tune tweak for any particular car is the ultimate way to go.  No brainer.  It is just personal preference on how far you want to take it.  For the daily driver crowd that have no inclination to log and change tunes several times  so called "canned" tunes are the best/easiest way to get full enjoyment out of your driving experience.  I don't think logging and tweaking is really worth the trouble unless you are hell bent on shaving a couple tenths off your 1/4 mile times.  Any good "canned" tune will put you at 13.00 or a touch quicker.  As you move quicker than that, your chance of engine damage increases as your times decrease.  I am going to go for a second set of tweaks on the load bearing dyno this coming week.  I want to push my SHO to the edge of safety.  If I'm there already,with the first set of tweaks, so be it.  I'll know it and be satisfied with it. 

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: DJE624 on March 28, 2014, 08:19:45 AM
I have to agree that a tune tweak for any particular car is the ultimate way to go.  No brainer.  It is just personal preference on how far you want to take it.  For the daily driver crowd that have no inclination to log and change tunes several times  so called "canned" tunes are the best/easiest way to get full enjoyment out of your driving experience.  I don't think logging and tweaking is really worth the trouble unless you are hell bent on shaving a couple tenths off your 1/4 mile times.  Any good "canned" tune will put you at 13.00 or a touch quicker.  As you move quicker than that, your chance of engine damage increases as your times decrease.  I am going to go for a second set of tweaks on the load bearing dyno this coming week.  I want to push my SHO to the edge of safety.  If I'm there already,with the first set of tweaks, so be it.  I'll know it and be satisfied with it. 
Actually I think you're wrong on this point, buying a canned tune and not logging it could be bad, you might be pinging the whole time and never know it. If you have a tuner that doesn't support data logging then I highly suggest monitoring knock with Torque or better yet the Aeroforce gauges to make sure you're not in detonation all the time and not hearing it. I don't trust anybodies generic tune especially here in AZ. We'll be doing some serious datalogging to verify soon enough of knock/timing pull and power differences.
The key is you can't trust a tune that's not made specifically for your vehicle, with the V's the thought of mail order tunes are highly frowned upon since the cars have narrowbands, if you want a good tune you find a local guy and he does it for you. Very few will do mail order because of the repercussions. Even though it may have been tested 10000000 times on the shop vehicle on a dyno etc, without feedback from your car it's taking a huge chance IMHO.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Brucelinc

I highly suggest monitoring knock with Torque or better yet the Aeroforce gauges to make sure you're not in detonation all the time and not hearing it.

How can I learn more about this?  Should I be looking at "knock retard" or "learned Knock correction" on my aeroforce gauge?  I am not sure what it is telling me.