• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

X4 Livelink problems?

Started by 2010SHOtime, March 24, 2014, 03:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010SHOtime

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can't seem to get my car and Livelink to connect. I've tried reseting the computer and plugging and unplugging and plugging back in and still can't connect. I just got the X4 a few days ago and can't seem to get it working with Livelink.

Please help if you've had this and fixed it.

Thanks!
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

JohnnyBravo

Quote from: 2010SHOtime on March 24, 2014, 03:38:08 PM
Is anyone else experiencing this? I can't seem to get my car and Livelink to connect. I've tried reseting the computer and plugging and unplugging and plugging back in and still can't connect. I just got the X4 a few days ago and can't seem to get it working with Livelink.

Please help if you've had this and fixed it.

Thanks!

I had a similar issue with my SCT X3 the first time I tried to data log with LiveLink II.  No communication.  In fact, I couldn't get my laptop to "see" the SCT when I ran the SCT updater program. 

I called SCT.  They had me plug the SCT into the laptop and get on their webpage.  They have a "remote" function which allows them to take over your computer.  He found some kind of .dll file that needed to be replaced.  I have no idea what was wrong with it or why.  But it took him all of about 1 minute to look through my menus, find the file, delete it, drop a new one on my computer, and copy it to the right place.  As soon as he fired up the SCT updater, it immediately read the SCT device and I was able to get in my car and datalog.

Not sure if that's your issue or not, but the tech guys at SCT were awesome and fixed everything remotely in just a few minutes.

2010SHOtime

Thank you! I'll try and call them.
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold