• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO RX OCC with Clean Side Installation Option's

Started by SwampRat, March 22, 2014, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

I Know that many of these RX systems have shipped . Has anyone actually installed one in a SHO yet ?
I am hoping that someone has done an install that is not in the same general area as the Flex .
I Need thoughts , ideas from someone that  has one installed in a different area or that has the RX and is considering a different mounting area to share their thoughts, ideas and/ pictures if possible
I can't mount mine in the Flex area because the Tial BOV occupies that space .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Maybe this thread should be somewhere else as it is not a "how-to".... and no one yet knows how to do this (in the SHO).... Including the manufacturer.

here's what I do know so far:

Quote from: SwampRat on March 22, 2014, 06:04:46 PM
I Know that many of these RX systems have shipped . Has anyone actually installed one in a SHO yet ?
I am hoping that someone has done an install that is not in the same general area as the Flex .
I Need thoughts , ideas from someone that  has one installed in a different area or that has the RX and is considering a different mounting area to share their thoughts, ideas and/ pictures if possible
I can't mount mine in the Flex area because the Tial BOV occupies that space .

I talked to tracy... He has no instructions nor does he know of one installed in a SHO. I am in contact with him daily as I agreed to be the guinea pig.  It won't fit where the Flex fits because of the radiator hose even without the TIAL.  I am experimenting with lower and more lateral behind the HID mount, relocating the windshield washer reservoir, or between the coolant reservoir and the front shock mount and the latter may require repositioning to do this.  LAst option is modifying the fan shroud......which I hope to avoid.... pics soon.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

I Hope someone else can still give us some ideas as this install will likely  invovle multiple possibilities based on individual owner engine bay mods .

Txstrmhntr had mentioned in a post  a few days ago that he was considering relocating the battery to the trunk and mounting the RX in that area.

I am considering mounting mine to the AirAid CAI ... not sure yet .

2021 Edge ST

Tuner Boost

If we can get one in here (west central FL) we will find a mount location for you all and document it, but right now watching what is accomplished in this install is our best bet. The can b=needs to be pretty vertical to work properly.

SwampRat

Quote from: Tuner Boost on March 22, 2014, 09:04:45 PM
If we can get one in here (west central FL) we will find a mount location for you all and document it, but right now watching what is accomplished in this install is our best bet. The can b=needs to be pretty vertical to work properly.

Torrie at Unleashed Tuning has a SHO  in the JAX area  ...

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Tuner Boost

No length on tubing as long as it is emissions rated as fuel line will collapse under vacuum. Lower then engine is fine as well.

Anyone that can get a car in here we will give them a deal.....just let us know.

Thanks again!!

EcoPowerParts

The flex and sho mounting on a normal vehicle should both be the same, with hot pipes and a tial bov you'll have to find a custom mounting place. I suggest the passenger rear area of the engine bay or next to the intake filter.
When you do custom stuff, you have to figure out custom solutions. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 23, 2014, 08:10:49 PM
The flex and sho mounting on a normal vehicle should both be the same, with hot pipes and a tial bov you'll have to find a custom mounting place. I suggest the passenger rear area of the engine bay or next to the intake filter.
When you do custom stuff, you have to figure out custom solutions. :)

Mike... That's the fun!

BiGMaC

Just a brief update.

Been working with Tracy at RX Performance... He's sending out a couple of fittings and I just asked for a different bracket than came with the can... May be the answer for the SHO installation  ;) ... If not... I'll get her on the neighbor's lift.  :-  ....and go low and rear on the right side.

I'm learning a lot about tubing, heat, and tolerances for proper function as well as construction as I do this... will post all later after it's right for the SHO. 

Tracy has provided customer service that's as good as it gets!  :thankyou:

SwampRat

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on March 17, 2014, 11:09:46 AM

RX can arrived with black SS lines and fittings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK ... BMC or BigMac  , you two guys ordered the same kit .. I think .

Looking at the pic , are the black SS lines the standard ones that come with the kit ?
Mine  came with NO lines at All . I was planing on doing the initial installation with whatever lines it came with and then get the RED ones made after I am sure of lenghts needed but my kit only came with fittings and brackets  ?!?

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

BMC bought the optional braided steel line kit. BigMac has the standard kit.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 26, 2014, 07:28:22 PM

Mine has NO lines at all  ... was planning to install tomorrow

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

Mine was with the optional steel line kit.
I should be installing next week along with new down pipes.
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on March 26, 2014, 07:32:04 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 26, 2014, 07:28:22 PM

Mine has NO lines at all  ... was planning to install tomorrow
Since you're one of the first I don't know if that's correct or not. I'll email Tracy and ask for you.
www.ecopowerparts.com -