• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Easy way to load up the Hard Drive?

Started by krdiesel, March 16, 2014, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krdiesel

Is there an easy way to transfer music to the hard drive on a 12?  All I can find is burning it to a cd and have the head unit ripping it. 

Brucelinc

The only way to load music to the jukebox is from a CD.  It would be nice to be able to do it from a flash drive or other device but a CD is the only way. 

krdiesel

Thanks,  If we are lucky they fill fix that in a software update.

Brucelinc

I wouldn't count on any updates to the music harddrive feature on the 2010-2012s.  They discontinued that altogether in 2013.  When I download music, I always make a CD anyway.  I load it on the car's jukebox and then we use the CD in our other cars or in the house.

Larrylu

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 16, 2014, 03:59:28 PM
The only way to load music to the jukebox is from a CD.  It would be nice to be able to do it from a flash drive or other device but a CD is the only way.

I have never used the hard drive. I've got all my music on iTunes so I stuck an old 80 gig iPod in the console and plugged it in to the USB. It's not 100% accessible but for the most part it's enough to suite me. I can pick which playlist I want to listen to by voice and skip songs by steering wheel controls. Good enough for me anyway....
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

krdiesel

ended up buying a 32GB small USB drive, took a while for it to index, but after that it works great.

Brucelinc

I think a lot of people use the flash drive.  I had a number of older CDs so when I got the car, I went ahead and loaded them on the car's hard drive.  Since then I have downloaded a lot of additional music.  I started out using the USB drive for that but then I ran into problems of forgetting whether the music that I wanted was on the car's hard drive or if it was on the USB!  I finally decided to put everything on the car's hard drive to make it simpler for a 50 something year old mind to remember.   :)