• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SIRIUS Question - Police Interceptor EB Sedan

Started by motorhead, March 15, 2014, 11:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhead

On new 2014 PI EB Sedan - can SIRIUS radio be accessed? Sync Voice Activated system was an option and according to build code Sony is the radio head included - no reference on window sticker about SIRIUS. There is a SIRIUS button on the radio and when pushed, the screen message reads - "SIRIUS not equipped - Contact your dealer". Does that mean not activated or not accessible? Stopped at local dealer and quick conclusion was "Says not equipped". No research or follow up. Has same satellite antenna as retail models. Any help appreciated.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

motorhead

There were a lot of helpful posts and links in those forum threads - much appreciated. I also have a Caprice PPV 6.0 that has touch screen - but rear camera, Bluetooth, NAV and most features disabled from the OZ factory. There are some on a Caprice Forum making up harnesses, plugs and pins to active some of those functions. GM/Holden has enabled some features on the '14 Caprice PPV.

I was hoping that since this Taurus PI was optioned with Synch Voice Activation which looks like it comes with upgrade radio head (Sony?) and other non-fleet bare bones options that SIRIUS might be accessible. Will check with the local upfitter next.

Any other input appreciated.

jmr061

I know this topic is old but it can be added but its not "simple."

If you are still around, take a look at my website www.fordpimods.com and email me.

Jason
Jason
16 Edge Sport