• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OBDLink info and how to import/export gauge templates

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 15, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

It amazes me how well the export function works in OBDlink.

Torque, you suck!

Gjkrisa

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 13, 2016, 10:57:16 AM
Quote from: Deebeaux on July 13, 2016, 09:37:14 AM
Just wanted to confirm this works perfectly. I switched "Metric to English Scale Factor" to -1 in OBDLink and my KR now works as I expected it to (negative numbers mean the car is retarding/pulling timing out.) I switched my gauge label to KC for "Knock Correction" as that's how it represented in the Toyota. Trying to keep the cars the same. LOL.

I've attached my current setup. I was surprised to see -1.00 LOR with this 87 that's in the tank. I'm probably going to rethink how I've got Lambda setup. Probably do two staggered 180 degree left sweep gauges.

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 12, 2016, 09:36:20 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head what's it called but there is a multiplier for conversion to Celsius or something. Just make that -1 and it will give you the desired KR behavior. If you modify the equation you will get a stack error every time.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
I am also surprised to see -1.00 on LOR with 87

Since my LOR is scaled differently (-1.20) i will hook up today and double check and make sure it is functioning properly.
I did verify the LOR(OAR) formula is functioning properly.

FoMoCoSHO

I adjusted the layout a bit because I was tired of the needles blocking the readout.

Changed the needles as well, too long and skinny at the ends for my taste.

Removed TQ and Power until I get them figured out.

Load Absolute loosely follows Torque so it's another way to monitor power....Its one way you can tell power is increasing or decreasing after tune or hardware changes.

Added AWD which isn't working yet but since i have control of that pid I just need to figure out what I screwed up.

The needles are not white, they are blue and gray, camera phone fail.

FoMoCoSHO

I just checked and if you put a number after the filename, you CAN import multiple dashboard files.

When you import, you will need to choose clear or overwrite current dashboard or it won't bring the dashboard over.

Gjkrisa

Yea before when I went to import it showed just the one name so though I may not have it in the write spot so I added a number and it changed thats when I realized I need to go fully thru and import and it worked

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Attached file fixes the 2013+ AWD pid and adds IAT2.

FoMoCoSHO

If you import and the base gauges don't transfer don't fret, do the following.

Select any one of the existing gauges and long press.

Select style.

Hit the 3 dot button in the top right hand and select save template.

Name template and save.

Now If you want to make a new gauge, for example a radial gauge all you need to do is add any generic radial gauge then follow the steps above except choose load template and that will bring in the saved template.

You can save individual gauges but I've become comfortable enough with tweaking that i just keep the basic template and tweak as needed.

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

I've noticed that the radial gauges suffer from quite a bit of needle lag so I built one with mostly digital gauges.

SHOdded

You know how to make 'em look good!  Do these gauges show min/max values as well?  I know Torque Pro can.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 28, 2016, 05:12:25 PM
You know how to make 'em look good!  Do these gauges show min/max values as well?  I know Torque Pro can.
No, I've asked the developers to add that functionality.

The pics don't pick up the colors accurately, very annoying.

glock-coma

Thank you for doing this ,I'm going to try and import the digital one later
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Gjkrisa

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on July 28, 2016, 06:08:45 PM
Thank you for doing this ,I'm going to try and import the digital one later
Make sure you save your current dashboards and pids before importing or it will overwrite them.