• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Deep impact blue or Tuxedo black

Started by Bigb13, March 01, 2014, 04:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigb13

Hey guys I am going to be picking up a new SHO in the next few weeks. I having a hard time deciding what color to go with.  I really like the deep impact blue and the tuxedo black. If you guys have any pro or cons for those colors, that would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance Ben
2014 Ford Taurus SHO PP Tuxedo Black Metallic

DJE624

I like the blue a lot!  I used to hate blue cars but Ford has some really nice shades going back the the 2nd Gen SHO.  Easier to keep nice too. 

SwampRat

Deep impact blue was my first choice , could not find one at the time ... GO BLUE !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

pejohnson

Deep Impact Blue ranks up there for me and Tuxedo Black looks great as well.  Go look at both and pick out your car.  You can't go wrong with either.
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

futat2

I have a tuxedo black SHO. I would have gotten the deep impact blue if they had one. I really would have loved a blue flame metallic like my f150 I traded in but that was never even an option, But if I ever need a total repaint thats the direction I would go.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: futat2 on March 01, 2014, 09:43:33 PM
I have a tuxedo black SHO. I would have gotten the deep impact blue if they had one. I really would have loved a blue flame metallic like my f150 I traded in but that was never even an option, But if I ever need a total repaint thats the direction I would go.
I'm gonna second this emotion...

Get the BLUE!

Kolk1

I have tuxedo black, and I still prefer Blue.

panther427

2013 SHO

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

Blue all the way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

DJE624

SHOdded

Surprised none of the actual Blues Brothers have chimed in yet :D  No question Ford has picked some awesome shades of Blue for the SHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

I love both colors, but have to vote for black since my '12 is tuxedo black. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Darkside

I'm going to vote black, in fact you should buy mine. 
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

RisskyBusiness

I like both colors. However if kept clean I think that the Tuxedo Black is one of the nicest colors around. It is a pain to keep clean though!
2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...