• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

NEW PRODUCT Taurus SHO Corsa Pro Series with BLACK TIPS

Started by SwampRat, February 26, 2014, 09:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Here's the tale... I can have a Corsa sport exhaust at my house for about $1300.  It sounds great and offers a claim of 120% increase over stock flow... They have the black tip, but it is unclear the actual finish (PC, stain, black chrome, etc.)  Chatted with 3 vendors and no one knew... so I I have emailed Corsa directly. BTW, they come with the XO pipe and a performance X-pipe piece is extra.

The option I am most strongly considering now is the boost activated cutout that Mike developed (really sexy) which PPE is making a jig for now so it can be mass produced... by the time it's actually installed and working I anticipate it will be at least $1K more than the catback, BUT it completely removes all flow resistance past the downpipes (which I have already replaced) and can be installed with a solenoid on the actuator line (already in use by PPE on a different car). so It will only open when I want it to... or not at all as needed.  I suspect any HP gains related to flow will be better with the cutout.  I'd just replace the stock tips with black chrome.

So... my wallet is out.. but it's clear that there's not much point in having both both next up is my ceramic coated hotpipes and a tune.... This is not far behind though, LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Portion of Corsa press release :
LIMITED EDITION DIAMOND BLACK TIPS OFFERED by CORSA on Select Pro Series Exhaust systems feature a Diamond Black finish on CORSA's trademark Pro Series that  which are manufactured from high-quality, 304L polished stainless steel and laser etched with the CORSA logo.

"Our new Diamond Black tips underwent thorough testing to guarantee they met the high-quality standards we have established for all CORSA exhaust systems, including thermal testing to ensure they won't discolor under high temperature and chip-resistance testing to prevent flaking ."

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Gonna have to see them... the description is a bit lacking due to the proprietary terminology (aka hype).. may be great, just dunno.  Truthfully I prefer a double walled tip... just as personal preference, but that's not a deal-breaker.Definitely still a really good exhaust option

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FoMoCoSHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 26, 2014, 11:06:19 PM
Are they going to just offer the tip?

Dunno... but when I asked about tip removal 2 of the places (AutoAnything and another one from the Corsa dealer finder link) told me the tips were clamped on.

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 26, 2014, 11:14:12 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 26, 2014, 11:06:19 PM
Are they going to just offer the tip?

Dunno... but when I asked about tip removal 2 of the places (AutoAnything and another one from the Corsa dealer finder link) told me the tips were clamped on.

The tips are welded on the muffler outlets ...

They WILL NOT sell the tips by themselves ..

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 26, 2014, 11:21:09 PM
I guess they don't like money then...
As they told me a while back before I bought my Corsa  exhaust "we only produce and market  complete exhaust systems and not components ".
They sell  High Quality exhaust systems and more than likely feel that end users would put them on non corsa exhausts .

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Got this email back from the Corsa folks in response to my inquiry about the black tips on the sport exhaust for the SHO.
So looks like it might be an option as far as the finish... I'd still like to see it since it is different.  Could even be better as far as appearance. Here's the email:

Michael Geul <mgeul@tmgperformance.com>
To: Thomas 

Thomas,

We appreciate your interest.  The black tip option looks like a deep blackened chrome.  It is not paint or powder coat.  It's called PVD coating.  Positive Vapor Deposition coating.  The process is very intense.  It will not flake off or chip.

Best regards,

Michael Geul
Technical Service Representative | TMG Performance Products
Corsa Performance / Volant Performance
Office: 440-274-5083
E-mail: mgeul@tmgperformance.com
www.tmgperformance.com

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TSS

Quote from: SHOdded on February 27, 2014, 10:26:27 AM
PVD = good, well tested on wheels.

x2.  My permachromes (factory rims were Permachromed/PVD)  literally look like brand new after 2 harsh MI winters.   No other Chrome factory rims I have had could say that.   
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

BiGMaC

Quote from: TSS on February 27, 2014, 12:43:09 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on February 27, 2014, 10:26:27 AM
PVD = good, well tested on wheels.

x2.  My permachromes (factory rims were Permachromed/PVD)  literally look like brand new after 2 harsh MI winters.   No other Chrome factory rims I have had could say that.   

Thanks guys... Good info!

SwampRat

Only a handfull of websites have these yet  .... A little pricey @ 1436.38

But I bet they will look good  !

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Exhaust/Corsa-Exhaust-System/_Item/_200900428

2021 Edge ST