• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO global window functions

Started by jmr061, February 23, 2014, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmr061

Can someone with a 2014 SHO tell me if the global windows are open only or do close as well? 

This setting is under vehicle settings in the left hand side of the cluster. It should show remote window opening on or off. I want to to know if it has settings for open only or close as well.

This allows FOB control of the windows. The 13 doesn't have close.

Thanks

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

futat2

Aren't open and down the same thing? Did you mean open and close or up and down?
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

jmr061

Lol I'll fix that

Jason
16 Edge Sport

BiGMaC

Here's a link to obtain the 2014 manual:
https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2014&make=Ford&model=Taurus

Here's page 95 from the latest printing of the 2014 SHO manual... It is identical to page 97 of the 2013 manual. left click to enlarge the image.

So apparently it is still open only for the windows and sunroof as there is no mention of closing remotely in the manual

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jmr061

I'm aware of the owners manual. In the cluster section it has close as an option. I'm looking for someone to verify if it has it or not.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

J-Will

Hope this isnt too late, but I can confirm that it is open only.  You can stop the progress of the windows and moon roof, however you cannot reverse it (close)
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

geswek

I love this feature on my 13; it's handy when the popo shows up and I need to drop my windows FAST so they don't bust me for tint.

Bahah; done it several times.

jmr061

Quote from: geswek on March 26, 2014, 03:09:22 PM
I love this feature on my 13; it's handy when the popo shows up and I need to drop my windows FAST so they don't bust me for tint.

Bahah; done it several times.

I'll remember that next time someone does that when I pull up by them.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

geswek

Quote from: jmr061 on March 26, 2014, 03:18:20 PM
I'll remember that next time someone does that when I pull up by them.

*thumbs up*

jmr061

Quote from: J-Will on March 26, 2014, 03:06:25 PM
Hope this isnt too late, but I can confirm that it is open only.  You can stop the progress of the windows and moon roof, however you cannot reverse it (close)

Thank u for answering that. No one has verified up until now.

Jason

Jason
16 Edge Sport

geswek

Quote from: jmr061 on March 26, 2014, 04:19:12 PM

Thank u for answering that. No one has verified up until now.

Jason

That my one gripe, along with not having one touch down up for back glass.

I sometimes get out and forget to close my windows. It would be awesome if I could roll them up.

Sent from my mobile, I think.

jmr061

I tried and tried with as built data to get the windows to have remote close. The cluster supports the option and I got it displayed there but the software in the bcm or whatever module controls the actual feature must not support it I the Taurus.

Jason
16 Edge Sport