• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

28k and shot..

Started by BlueSHO, February 21, 2014, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolk1

Quote from: mjhpadi on February 21, 2014, 08:34:53 PM
Quote from: Kolk1 on February 21, 2014, 08:13:50 PM
EBC slotted rotors, EBC yellow pads, and steel lines, total to my door was a little under $700
Where did you get them for that price? And is it for both front and rear?

That was for all 4 EBC USR slotted rotors, front and rear EBC Yellowstuff pads, and about $125 for all 4 Goodridge steel braided lines. Total was $699 plus tax = $718

All items bought from Autoplicity.com

Kolk1

DO NOT BUY FROM AUTOPLICITY.

I placed my order on the 20th, and after calling them today, they said my order wont ship until MARCH 24th. And they are trying to only refund my money with store credit!!

BiGMaC

Quote from: Kolk1 on February 27, 2014, 10:16:53 PM

I placed my order on the 20th, and after calling them today, they said my order wont ship until MARCH 24th. And they are trying to only refund my money with store credit!!

That really sux.... Get the word out!... Can you argue with them that they sold you something they did not have...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Kolk1

He said he will get back to me tomorrow. Im pissed to say the least.

Down side is, I cant find the same setup within $200 of their price anywhere else, so any other place im going to have to call them and have them price match autoplicity.

Mac98SHO

Quote from: SwampRat on February 21, 2014, 08:42:32 PM
2010 - 2012 Taurus and more so the SHO are Notorious for their poorly  designed brakes and short lived wear/warped rotors , etc etc etc.

Hopefully the 2013+ redesigned upgraded component's will fair better.

meant to quote...not thank...lol

I have had my car on the track (road course) twice toasted a set of F1 tires and blued the rotors...still a daily drive. No brake issues...though I should bleed them.an I have 25k on the car.
2013 SHO w/Performance Package (Tuxedo Black)
Air Raid Intake
X-pipe with Stock Mufflers
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 27, 2014, 10:20:56 PM
Quote from: Kolk1 on February 27, 2014, 10:16:53 PM

That really sux.... Get the word out!... Can you argue with them that they sold you something they did not have...

If you paid via pay pal file a claim with them and say you want a full refund.
Any other credit card or bank debit  you may have used ... contact there fraud dept.  federal regulations do not allow this ! !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Kolk1

I used paypal. Im going to wait and see what they say tomorrow.

SHOdded

The prices ARE pretty good, do you think EBC is backordered maybe?  Autoplicity does say shipping is direct from the mfr.  Hmmm.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kolk1

Well, I filed a claim with paypal. I asked them twice to cancel my order and refund my money, and they just reply it will ship on March 24th.

kinder

You can blame the women folk all you want for the fast brake wear but I doubt anyone on this forum is 'babying' their twin turbo'd 365+hp 4400lbs car. ;)

As for pads.... best pads I have used were on my '07 Legacy Spec.B (300awhp) were some Porterfield R4-S's. Not sure if they make them for our cars but they use to offer to put their material onto your worn pads. Price was well in line with the EBC stuff back when I got them as well.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

SHOdded

R4-S pads:  AP1611/1612 (F/R) for the '13 SHO (PP not listed specifically), AP1158 for '10-'12 SHO w PP, AP1376 for '10-'12 SHO w/o PP http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/search.php
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kolk1

Not sure if Autoplicity finally agreed to my emails, or they got the Emails from Paypal, but I just got an email from Autoplicity that they are canceling my order and refunding my money.

So the search is on for the next best price. Im not sure I want to stick with EBC Red pads. I wanted to go with the Yellows due to how much more heat they can handle. I was also convinced I wanted the EBC USR rotors, since supposedly they are quieter and grip almost as good as the Gold/brass colored dimpled and slotted rotors they sell, which supposedly make more noise.

But then I also think, maybe since all my other brake issues are fixed now, and im also doing steel braided lines, that by using EBC rotors with EBC pads, ill be better off compared to how right now im using EBC reds with Stoptech rotors.

BiGMaC

YAY!!!

...Here's hoping for something comparable in your search

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Quote from: Kolk1 on February 28, 2014, 06:31:40 PM
Not sure if Autoplicity finally agreed to my emails, or they got the Emails from Paypal, but I just got an email from Autoplicity that they are canceling my order and refunding my money.

So the search is on for the next best price. Im not sure I want to stick with EBC Red pads. I wanted to go with the Yellows due to how much more heat they can handle. I was also convinced I wanted the EBC USR rotors, since supposedly they are quieter and grip almost as good as the Gold/brass colored dimpled and slotted rotors they sell, which supposedly make more noise.

But then I also think, maybe since all my other brake issues are fixed now, and im also doing steel braided lines, that by using EBC rotors with EBC pads, ill be better off compared to how right now im using EBC reds with Stoptech rotors.

PayPal can be a pain in the ARS sometimes   , but as a general rule of thumb most large web etailers don't screw around with disputes involving paypal .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

curry67

Quote from: Kolk1 on February 21, 2014, 08:13:50 PM
I've had several brake issues so don't get me started.

I'm at 60k now and they are making a bad noise, so I just ordered all new pads, rotors, and steel braided lines. And going to flush the fluid.

EBC slotted rotors, EBC yellow pads, and steel lines, total to my door was a little under $700
i think i may do the same when my pads are done. Im wondering how the vibration/noise from the slotted rotors ive never had them before and have heard some things.