• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

28k and shot..

Started by BlueSHO, February 21, 2014, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

Wife's 12 PP SHO has 28k miles and the front pads are shot. Time to search for replacement pads.. Anyone else wear theirs out as fast? Seems way early to me.. :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Kolk1

I've had several brake issues so don't get me started.

I'm at 60k now and they are making a bad noise, so I just ordered all new pads, rotors, and steel braided lines. And going to flush the fluid.

EBC slotted rotors, EBC yellow pads, and steel lines, total to my door was a little under $700

Night Hawk

Great luck with ebc reds, factory pads/rotors are crap
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

BlueSHO

Like I said 28k and wore out...that's bull$hit..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

mjhpadi

Quote from: Kolk1 on February 21, 2014, 08:13:50 PM
I've had several brake issues so don't get me started.

I'm at 60k now and they are making a bad noise, so I just ordered all new pads, rotors, and steel braided lines. And going to flush the fluid.

EBC slotted rotors, EBC yellow pads, and steel lines, total to my door was a little under $700
Where did you get them for that price? And is it for both front and rear?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mjhpadi

Quote from: JeffsSport on February 21, 2014, 07:52:31 PM
Wife's 12 PP SHO has 28k miles and the front pads are shot. Time to search for replacement pads.. Anyone else wear theirs out as fast? Seems way early to me.. :-(

The fronts on my F-150 were shot at 30K, and the discs were shot too.  I am not surprised...I know our Explorer needed replaced somewhere in that mileage range, between wife towing camper and the fact that she runs all the way up to a red light/stop sign before braking, I wasn't too upset. Besides, I let her pay for the new ones on the Explorer
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SwampRat

2010 - 2012 Taurus and more so the SHO are Notorious for their poorly  designed brakes and short lived wear/warped rotors , etc etc etc.

Hopefully the 2013+ redesigned upgraded component's will fair better.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BlueSHO

[/quote]
the fact that she runs all the way up to a red light/stop sign before braking, I wasn't too upset. Besides, I let her pay for the new ones on the Explorer
[/quote]
My wife exactly! And yes she paid for my Explorer pads too..lol

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOmanMike84

Quote from: JeffsSport on February 21, 2014, 08:48:30 PM

the fact that she runs all the way up to a red light/stop sign before braking, I wasn't too upset. Besides, I let her pay for the new ones on the Explorer
[/quote]
My wife exactly! And yes she paid for my Explorer pads too..lol

[/quote]

Add my wife to this category as well lol.

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on February 21, 2014, 08:42:32 PM
2010 - 2012 Taurus and more so the SHO are Notorious for their poorly  designed brakes and short lived wear/warped rotors , etc etc etc.
Hopefully the 2013+ redesigned upgraded component's will fair better.

'13 SHO has 60% more swept area, larger cylinders and heavier/larger rotors than the brakes on the '10-'12.  6months so far... no problems... definitely stops.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

futat2

I don't know, But I think for the weight and performance of these cars 28-30K is not that bad. Hell I have to replace my tires every 10K and brakes every 15-20K on my bike. Its just a price we pay to have fun.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

Needmoreboost

2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 21, 2014, 09:43:39 PM
Quote from: Needmoreboost on February 21, 2014, 09:29:55 PM
Women....  :)

Of course, then there's women:beer:

Personally  , I Think it's a good thing our better halves don't read this  forum ! !  Or we would be in deep   :censored2:
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BlueSHO

So true...

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra