• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro Missing PID's for Transmission Temp Guage .... and others

Started by SwampRat, February 21, 2014, 12:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

{I will leave this here for continuity but this PID does NOT work for MCT...}

We could try this for Mean Charge Temp (Air temp after the intercooler which is actually more important than

IAT on these cars - albeit related)...it's from the Diesel trucks but maybe they kept the PID the same.

MCT?
Add a custom PID in Torque by going to the "Settings" section off the main screen.
Enter the following for the fields it prompts you for:
"OBD2 Mode and PID"  =  2216E0
"Long Name" = Mean Charge Temp
"Short Name" = MCT
"Minimum Value" = -40
"Maximum Value" = 500
"Scale Factor" = 1
"Unit Type" = deg
"Equation" = (((A*256)+B)*(9/5-38))

Leave the OBD Header blank

Hit "Test" and make sure you get a value back.  Then click "ok".
Next go to a screen where you actually want the gauge (Under Realtime information off the main screen).  Long

press and "add display"...then pick a type of display...then select the "Mean Charge Temp" (or whatever you

called the Long Name above).  Pick a size and then enjoy!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ecoboostsho

Quote from: glock-coma on February 22, 2014, 01:42:47 PM
Ecoboostsho, really appreciate all your hard work in "cracking" these codes.

I'm just doing the easy part...finding the PIDs is actually the hard part.  We have Swamp Rat to thank for that!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

SwampRat

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 22, 2014, 01:37:47 PM
All good suggestions on further gauges everyone!  I do have a question.  Are we sure that these cars have EGT and Oil Temp sensors?  If the car doesn't have the sensor we obviously can't read it.  I do know you can measure the temp at the CAT's by default with Torque.  We could try some of the truck PIDs and see if they work...

I do know you can definitely get the Manifold Charge Temp (MCT) if we can figure out the PID...hopefully someone can.

If you watch the Aeroforce  Interceptor demo video these other guages you mentioned are displayed , so yes the sending units are sending data downstream ,  just  need the PID's to input to Torque ...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s8202PeBo9Q

By the way  .... Damn your good at this ! !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

ecoboostsho

Well thank you but let's make sure the rest of these work before we get too excited... :)

Larrylu

Quote from: SwampRat on February 22, 2014, 02:00:59 PM
All good suggestions on further gauges everyone!  I do have a question.  Are we sure that these cars have EGT and Oil Temp sensors?  If the car doesn't have the sensor we obviously can't read it.  I do know you can measure the temp at the CAT's by default with Torque.  We could try some of the truck PIDs and see if they work...

I do know you can definitely get the Manifold Charge Temp (MCT) if we can figure out the PID...hopefully someone can.

If you watch the Aeroforce  Interceptor demo video these other guages you mentioned are displayed , so yes the sending units are sending data downstream ,  just  need the PID's to input to Torque ...

By the way  .... Damn your good at this ! !

I'll second that!  Thanks to both of you for letting me look over your shoulders and letting me draft along in your wake. I'm anxious to get these 3 (so far) gauges functional this afternoon. Very exciting additions to the custom dashboard.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SwampRat

I do know you can definitely get the Manifoldg Charge Temp (MCT) if we can figure out the PID...hopefully someone can.

If you watch the Aeroforce Interceptor demo video below you will see the mentioned guages displayed which means the sending units are there and sending data downstream. All that is needed are the PID's for input to Torque.

By the way ... Damn you are good ! !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Mac98SHO

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 22, 2014, 01:52:09 PM
We could try this for Mean Charge Temp (Air temp after the intercooler which is actually more important than

IAT on these cars - albeit related)...it's from the Diesel trucks but maybe they kept the PID the same.

MCT?
Add a custom PID in Torque by going to the "Settings" section off the main screen.
"OBD2 Mode and PID"  =  2216E0
"Long Name" = Mean Charge Temp
"Short Name" = MCT
"Minimum Value" = -40
"Maximum Value" = 500
"Scale Factor" = 1
"Unit Type" = deg
"Equation" = (((A*256)+B)*(9/5-38))

Next go to a screen where you actually want the gauge (Under Realtime information off the main screen).  Long

press and "add display"...then pick a type of display...then select the "Mean Charge Temp" (or whatever you

called the Long Name above).  Pick a size and then enjoy!

Could not get this one to work on Torq Pro on my 2013.... I have been trying to figure out this PID address for sometime, but keep running into a wall.  I know its there since Forscan can see and read it. *Urgh*

Thanks again for the MATH help ...LOL not one of my strong suits.. I will have to read your explanation few more time to better understand it.
2013 SHO w/Performance Package (Tuxedo Black)
Air Raid Intake
X-pipe with Stock Mufflers
X4 SCT w/Unleashed Tunes

Larrylu

I had to go and try the three detailed above. First one, tranny temp worked like a charm. Charge temp did not get a value when I tested and Cyl head temp did not return a value either. I canceled out of the menu. I'm wondering if the PID number was correct. For Cyl head temp I put in "221624" and for Charge Temp I put in "2216E0". Also I wonder if the charge temp formula might have an issue with the parentheses or maybe in the last (9/5-3)
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ecoboostsho

Well that's a bummer...if you don't get any data back then the PID isn't correct for our cars.  If we can just figure out the PIDs...  Thanks for trying them.  Back to the drawing board for those two...

MTaurusSHO

2013 Tuxedo Black Non PP SHO
AirAid, LMS Tuned, Plugs and T-Stat.
2002  MMM Z28
F1 Procharged 408ci

bigmoneycloser

Quick question.
After sitting over night. My trans temp read 51* and it was 54* out...
But the intake temp read 23*???
Is that weird??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

ecoboostsho

So a quick heads up to everyone who is trying this out.  I am blessed to live in the God forsaken cold state of Minnesota so I discovered this morning that anything below 32 deg. Fahrenheit will show up as a huge number...this led me to believe that the formula actually is using a signed binary number.  Thankfully Torque handles this just fine if you modify the formula using a "signed" keyword.  I will go back and modify the original formula and recommend you change it if you want it to read temperatures below freezing.  It probably isn't critical as it doesn't affect the reading above freezing but I want it to be accurate all the time... note that I had to add yet another set of parentheses so type carefully!

Larrylu

Sorry ebsho, but I went back and retread the formula ( I assume you mean the tranny temp) and I'm at a loss with "signed key word". Can you print out the newly modded formula?

ecoboostsho

Trans Temp formula...(I also changed the original post on page 1)

"OBD2 Mode and PID"  =  221E1C
"Long Name" = Trans Temp
"Short Name" = Trans T
"Minimum Value" = -40
"Maximum Value" = 260
"Scale Factor" = 1
"Unit Type" = deg
"Equation" = (Signed(A*256)+B)*(9/80)+32

Next go to a screen where you actually want the gauge (Under Realtime information off the main screen).  Long press and "add display"...then pick a type of display...then select the "Trans Temp" (or whatever you called the Long Name above).  Pick a size and then enjoy!

Larrylu