• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro Missing PID's for Transmission Temp Guage .... and others

Started by SwampRat, February 21, 2014, 12:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

LOL...if only I could convince my 17 year old son...

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 22, 2014, 08:58:55 AM
OMG this harkens back to those days when I was always quick to exclaim to my Parents.....

"I'll never need math! When I am ever going to use this?"

Geezuz.

Where's my beer? :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SwampRat

Quote from: Larrylu on February 22, 2014, 08:59:12 AM
I'm waiting for your test results with fingers crossed. I'm a bit confused as to why my torque menu already has at least 3 Trans Temp choices that don't work but I'm sure ready to add one more that will work. I will never be able to derive the formula on my own and I have other gauges that I want to add. Can those of us not comfortable in hex hire you to develop the formulas for desired gauges. I have about five or six that I've been lusting after.

The only reason that Torque Pro can't display these "missing" Guages is because the PID's they use are outdated . The fact that the Aeroforce Interceptor Guages can display the "missing"  data digitally tells me they (Aeroforce) are  more knowledgeable than the folks at Torque and/or their are Licensing fee issues with Ford.

Another member posted earlier other Guages that are needed :
charge temp, present gear choice, and EGT .

Thanks for the hard work that ecoboostsho is putting into this !

I imagine the SMOKE is pouring out of his ears right now ...  :hitit2: :kakashi4: :ok: :ok:
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SwampRat

2021 Edge ST

dalum

I wish we had this a couple weeks ago when it was -22F here so I could see what the gauge displayed.
2013 Non-PP SHO

Larrylu

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 22, 2014, 09:47:34 AM
Just went for a drive and it definitely is a temp. Not sure the scaling is right on the equation just yet but we are close. If you have the PIDs I would be happy to try and get a few others. Cylinder head temp is in the list and that would be interesting. What else are you after? I get a lot out of this forum so I work for free. :)

This is exciting!  Exhaust Gas Temp, Cyl Head Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Tranny Temp, Trans Gear indicater, and Charge Temp (post intercooler ?) are what I had on my shopping list. I'd love to see what others are wanting to add
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SwampRat

Quote from: dalum on February 22, 2014, 10:35:55 AM
I wish we had this a couple weeks ago when it was -22F here so I could see what the gauge displayed.

Better late than never ...
I never even thought about Starting  this post until I saw the Aeroforce Interceptor Guage post by 4DR ..... then I started scratchn MY head .

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Josephm

Quote from: glock-coma on February 22, 2014, 09:48:42 AM
I just tried this.....I think it actually works. It was about 51 degrees in my garage  the car was in park running for about 2 mins.

For some reason the 12' EB models, dont have the Fuel pressure. I could definitely use that one.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

bigmoneycloser

When I tried this on my 2014 Xsport I get an error stating the equation is invalid

This is what it says when u hit test?

"Equation: this value is invalid:(60.9125"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

ecoboostsho

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 22, 2014, 12:53:32 PM
When I tried this on my 2014 Xsport I get an error stating the equation is invalid

This is what it says when u hit test?

"Equation: this value is invalid:(60.9125"

Can you post the equation you are using exactly?  It looks like you might have a typo in it someplace.  Parentheses matter and are easy to screw up...the only other option would be that they changed the PID in the explorer's - which doesn't make a ton of sense.  Has anyone with a 2013+ actually gotten this to work?
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

ecoboostsho

Quote from: dalum on February 22, 2014, 10:35:55 AM

Well to be honest I don't know that it would show you that unless the number is somehow a signed binary like Knock was...the equation above can never be negative.  I'm guessing Ford simply relies on IAT for startup until the trans temp sensor picks up at 32 degrees F or so...I admit it does seem a little strange it won't go negative

bigmoneycloser

Ok
There was an extra "(" in your formula.
Now it's reading and truck has been running for about an hour or so. It's about 60* outside.
Trans temp reads 184* now

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

ecoboostsho

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on February 22, 2014, 01:28:55 PM
Ok
There was an extra "(" in your formula.
Now it's reading and truck has been running for about an hour or so. It's about 60* outside.
Trans temp reads 184* now

Whoops.  Nice catch! I actually deleted one of the parentheses but value wise it works out the same either way.  See...I told you they matter. Doh!  I updated both my posts.  Appreciated.

ecoboostsho

All good suggestions on further gauges everyone!  I do have a question.  Are we sure that these cars have EGT and Oil Temp sensors?  If the car doesn't have the sensor we obviously can't read it.  I do know you can measure the temp at the CAT's by default with Torque.  We could try some of the truck PIDs and see if they work...

I do know you can definitely get the Manifold Charge Temp (MCT) if we can figure out the PID...hopefully someone can.

glock-coma

Ecoboostsho, really appreciate all your hard work in "cracking" these codes.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)