• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aeroforce Gauges for your Ecoboost vehicle

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 19, 2014, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSS

I saw a single pod that was universal and mounted near the base of the A pillar near the windshield.  I liked it, but it was 105 bucks.  I don't have any issue paying that kind of money for the pod, but was just uncertain of the quality.  Todd, any single pod/column mount suggestions?  I want column mount or near the windshield/A pillar.   I know nobody is going to mkake one for the MKS (because they will sell 2 of them maximum) - so universal is what I am searching.  As soon as I find a pod, I am ordering the gauge from you.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

mval

I know Chris & I have discussed it, but was unfeasible for him to do. & TSS the one that I saw that was a dual pod A pillar was the black one that Storm used to modify it to work on his before he sold it. The problem is both Chris & I & most likely you want is something to match the fabric that was there & not look like it was just stuck on but more like Chris center pod & now now Todd's pod that add the extra gauges without disturbing the aesthics of the car. I'm very interested as want to add oil pressure gauge & one other gauge for sure to my car. Other than that a column pod maybe the only choice.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

BiGMaC

Quote from: mval on March 04, 2014, 10:04:35 AM
The problem is both Chris & I & most likely you want is something to match the fabric that was there & not look like it was just stuck on but more like Chris center pod & now now Todd's pod
mikev

bpd Mike had his A pillar and the mounted pod leather wrapped... looks good.  If the cloth couldn't be easily matched I bet either leather or perhaps a vinyl to match the dash.  If you did the wrap on both A pillars there wouldn't be any aesthetic asymmetry. If cloth is the main desire and it's not available to you retail I bet you could cut the headliner out of a wrecked car and use that.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TSS

I am actually not worried about color matching.  SEM Leather Dye and Vinyl dye and  Fabric Dye is great stuff i have used many times.   You can get it (and color charts) from most Auto Body Shop Suppliers.   I already have a can for the MKS that I would be satisfied with IF I decided to paint it. .   

Also, my dash is black anyway, so if something sat in the dash tucked way up near the a pillar/windshield intersection, I would likely be okay if it was black.   BUT, I only want one pod.  AND,   I want the gauge pod to be small and discreet and blend in. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

BiGMaC

Quote from: TSS on March 04, 2014, 11:12:03 AM
I am actually not worried about color matching. 

Agreed about color and changing... I was talking about matching the texture of the material used for the pillar wrap.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Brucelinc

Also, my dash is black anyway, so if something sat in the dash tucked way up near the a pillar/windshield intersection, I would likely be okay if it was black.   BUT, I only want one pod.  AND,   I want the gauge pod to be small and discreet and blend in.

I will be anxious to see what you come up with for your MKS.  I am interested in the same thing you are but do not see a very good place to mount it.  I thought about that wasted space in the console where it says LINCOLN, but that is too far out of sight and I don't really want to mess with taking that panel off.

TSS

^^ thought of that too - but not discreet and low profile enough for me....and I don't like vent pods - they look tacky to me.   

TSS

I am trying to find a rear view of the gauge so I know where the OB2 input attaches to the gauge as I ponder install idea.  Does it enter from the bottom? Backside?  How big is the connector (to the gauge itself).  Any non front facing  photo would help! Thanks!

ONLYA6

Here ya go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

TSS

thanks!!!  Looks like the input connector goes right in the back side?   thx.

Boggus

Isn't there a pod where the sunglasses holder is?
2013 unleashed SHO PP

forcefedjunkie

Quote from: TSS on March 04, 2014, 09:31:28 AM
I saw a single pod that was universal and mounted near the base of the A pillar near the windshield.  I liked it, but it was 105 bucks.  I don't have any issue paying that kind of money for the pod, but was just uncertain of the quality.  Todd, any single pod/column mount suggestions?  I want column mount or near the windshield/A pillar.   I know nobody is going to mkake one for the MKS (because they will sell 2 of them maximum) - so universal is what I am searching.  As soon as I find a pod, I am ordering the gauge from you.

Not that I know of at this time.  We're thinking about buying a 3D printer to do custom pods like this but we're not there yet.

I was looking at pics of your dash and there looks to be a center dash speaker cover similar to the SHO, this dual pod would probably fit there as well as on my SHO.

Todd
2013 SHO

SHOFlex11

I found this universal dual steering column mount through Perrin that I am going to give a shot:

http://perrinperformance.com/i-13323984-dual-gauge-pod.html
'13 Flex - Torrie tuned on 93, 60/40 meth-H2O inj, PPE catted DP's into full Magnaflow exhaust w/ X-pipe, 170 t-stat, K&N FIPK w/ aFe filter, H&R springs w/ rear air bags, blah blah blah...
'13 SHO w/ PP-stock as per the wife's demands...

EcoPowerParts

Todd the guys are busting my ass that I don't have a way to mount the dual guages like you did on your car.
:)
Let's figure out a way too get these set up for Flex/SHO/Explorer Sport
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

forcefedjunkie

I was asked to tell you guys how I did the steering column dual pod shown in the youtube video.  It was very easy but looked pretty good I thought.  I used 2 Autometer angle rings:

I ground a flat spot on the large end on both rings.

I attached to the steering column using 3M tape.

The cables were easy to hide around and under the steering column.  Finished product looked like this:

Or watch the video for better perspective.

Todd
2013 SHO