• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aeroforce Gauges for your Ecoboost vehicle

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 19, 2014, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Maybe Crash can engrave the faceplates for us ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

engraving would be out of my realm. But maybe something billet badges could do?

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

forcefedjunkie

Quote from: SHO MAN on February 22, 2014, 08:42:08 PM
Question: will this gauge read and display trans temp and oil pressure without an added sender? Im unsure if the trans temp and oil pressure is in the obd2 data.
Thank you

It will read trans temp. from the OBD2 port.  You would have to add an oil pressure sensor as Ford does not have one on this car from the factory.  The gauge has 2 analog inputs for this purpose.  You can get an oil pressure sensor from our dealers such as Mike.

Todd
2013 SHO

forcefedjunkie

Quote from: ONLYA6 on February 24, 2014, 03:06:05 PM

Just received mine. I do have 1 complaint - I paid $10 for the additional faceplate that says SHO. It is just a blank faceplate with a cutout sticker on it. I would have expected no less than it printed on there like the factory plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh, most of our optional faces use decals and people are very happy with them.  Most people prefer them because they have multiple colors unlike the monochromatic printed ones.  Are you saying it doesn't look good?  I have a dual set on my SHO which is shown in the video and people that have seen them think they look great.   As for very low volume options like the SHO, there would be no option under say $30 ea. using the resources and limited connections we have if we paid for the design and a screen to do 10 a year.  So you think $10 is too much for a $4 molded face and a low volume decal and labor to attach it?

Feel free to make your own if you can do better cheaper, you can buy the blank faces from us and do your own printing and sell them.  I'd love for someone to take this over, we make nothing on them and it's quite a bit of effort.

Todd
2013 SHO

forcefedjunkie

Quote from: futat2 on February 24, 2014, 03:23:10 PM
Looks good and hard to tell its a sticker in a photo. How dose it look in person? can you tell right away or do you really have to look at it? Either way it is a nice gage for the price.

It looks like the photo only a little crisper in person.  It's red with silver outline.

Todd
2013 SHO

forcefedjunkie

Quote from: SHO MAN on February 24, 2014, 09:14:32 PM
Wow!  A sticker? That just killed it for me. I have one of Crash's center gauge pods and was going to get 3 of these with the SHO faceplate, but not if it's just a sticker. I still plan on getting the triple Aeroforce Interceptor setup, but not gonna go with the "custom" SHO sticker. Thanks for pointing that out.

It's just an option.  You'll still get the Aeroforce face either way.  You can also get a blank face if you want to make your own.

We sell thousands of these, go to SVT performance or any Camaro/GM forum and see how many complaints there are about the faces.  I can only remember one from a Boss 302 owner.  Just because it's a decal doesn't mean it's bad.  I really don't care if we don't sell any SHO or whatever face, there is no money made off of those at $10 ea.

Todd

Todd
2013 SHO

forcefedjunkie

Quote from: forcefedjunkie on February 25, 2014, 04:24:58 PM
Quote from: SHO MAN on February 22, 2014, 08:42:08 PM
Question: will this gauge read and display trans temp and oil pressure without an added sender? Im unsure if the trans temp and oil pressure is in the obd2 data.
Thank you

It will read trans temp. from the OBD2 port.  You would have to add an oil pressure sensor as Ford does not have one on this car from the factory.  The gauge has 2 analog inputs for this purpose.  You can get an oil pressure sensor from our dealers such as Mike.

Todd

Speaking of parameters, it also reads some unique Ecoboost ones like knock retard, learned knock, IAT2 (post intercooler), and something called Charge Air Temp.  which is a Ford term.  This reads a valid temperature somewhat similar to IAT2 and I'm wondering if anyone knows more about this one.  Where is the sensor? 

Todd
2013 SHO

SHO MAN

Quote from: forcefedjunkie on February 25, 2014, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: SHO MAN on February 24, 2014, 09:14:32 PM
Wow!  A sticker? That just killed it for me. I have one of Crash's center gauge pods and was going to get 3 of these with the SHO faceplate, but not if it's just a sticker. I still plan on getting the triple Aeroforce Interceptor setup, but not gonna go with the "custom" SHO sticker. Thanks for pointing that out.

It's just an option.  You'll still get the Aeroforce face either way.  You can also get a blank face if you want to make your own.

We sell thousands of these, go to SVT performance or any Camaro/GM forum and see how many complaints there are about the faces.  I can only remember one from a Boss 302 owner.  Just because it's a decal doesn't mean it's bad.  I really don't care if we don't sell any SHO or whatever face, there is no money made off of those at $10 ea.

Todd

Todd

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, Todd. just saying that the pics and videos looks great and I don't think the original poster was expecting stickers. I guess my reluctance now would be worrying about them lifting off eventually and making the setup look a little shoddy. But otherwise, these gauges seem to be the perfect solution for a lot of us.

forcefedjunkie

No foul, was just surprised at the original comment and wanted to point out all the options.

Todd
2013 SHO

forcefedjunkie

Do you guys like to monitor knock retard for tuning purposes?  I don't see a lot of talk about it on the Ford side.  GM guys swear by it. 

These gauges don't have the latency problems of cell phone apps, so you can make use of dynamic parameters such as knock retard, ignition advance etc. 

Todd
2013 SHO

EcoPowerParts

Knock retard monitoring is a huge issue for us along with monitoring both the low fuel pressure and high fuel pressure.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Wild13SHO

Just ordered my dual gauge setup with the SHO logo.  These will be used along with my AEM W/M flow gauge in Crash's center gauge pod. 
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Wild13SHO on March 02, 2014, 04:01:31 PM
Just ordered my dual gauge setup with the SHO logo.  These will be used along with my AEM W/M flow gauge in Crash's center gauge pod. 
Order received and placed with Aeroforce!
Thanks!
Mike
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SHOmanMike84

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -