• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aeroforce Gauges for your Ecoboost vehicle

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 19, 2014, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CroR1

i think i figured it out(one metal shim connects to both gauges and is supported by the middle plastic pole that holds the clip on), I  am not really a big fan of this design, but i guess if it works. a bit of play in between of gauges and the pod, but okay...I'll make it work.

I just need to figure out what i need to do to make these turn on and off at the same time with the car, and how would i go about uploading the bull picture in the background upon start up. any help?

ZSHO

I believe one member had his done recently,not sure if it was nick,will try to find the post for you .  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

Thank you Z, I just PMed ddlopes, as he was the last one to get one of these.

All I need to see is what others have used as a live power source (12v) to connect these gauges as I do not want them to power up via OBD. I haven't even opened the speaker cover yet, but I would like to know what and where to splice in before i start.

I must say I like the quality of the gauges and the pod, but i'll have more to say after more use.

EcoPowerParts

I wish I could help, I've never played with the pod. :(
If you haven't got it figured out on Monday PM or email me and I'll get Todd@Aeroforce involved to help.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

CroR1

Thank you Mike, I figured the pod placement part, I may give them a call myself to ask them about hard wiring, and what gauge wire to use if I run the wire to the fuse box and so. Unless someone here that has done it answers the question.

bamsho

Here is my Aerforce setup.  The worse part was running the wire from the OBDII port up thru the dash to the speaker cover.  Lots of dash bracing in there, UGH and OUCH.

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

CroR1

Looks very nice..Did you hard wire yours in bamsho? If not, I'm just curious how long do the gauges stay on after you shut the car off?

bamsho

They stay on for about 30 sec after you shut the car off, which is nice.  They red lights blink some here and there, but nothing that will hurt the car.  I love them.  I also used some 3M trim tape to, to help hold the pod and gauges in place,  just some added insurance.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

CroR1

Does anyone have a list of parameters that do not work with our cars on these gauges? I Selected them all, and the plan is to tune the ones that do not respond out of the system.

bamsho

I printed out the user manual that is online, they can read a lot.

BiGMaC

Quote from: bamsho on September 12, 2015, 09:00:31 AM
Here is my Aerforce setup.  The worse part was running the wire from the OBDII port up thru the dash to the speaker cover.  Lots of dash bracing in there, UGH and OUCH.

Great work Brian!.... But could you straighten the one on the passenger side.... Details, details.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

I personally like the pods that crash offers which gives the gauges a more custom appeal to it especially when only two gauges are only being used,without the pod it reminds me of an old pair of binoculars,no dis intended.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Yeah I have 2 gauges in crashes pod...I really can't tell the difference in dash texture between the car and crashes pod...it's a great piece...gives it a finished look
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 12, 2015, 07:13:15 PM
Yeah I have 2 gauges in crashes pod...I really can't tell the difference in dash texture between the car and crashes pod...it's a great piece...gives it a finished look
I have one too... He uses the OEM dash vinyl and the face is the OEM woven metal (unless you order it black).

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock