• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How To" Install T-Stat

Started by shogunal, February 17, 2014, 01:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shogunal

Has anyone here done this? If so would you be kind enough to post a t-stat install with pics. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

BiGMaC

Welcome to EBPF shogunal!!
Glad to have you with us!
:WELCOME:

If you search Tstat, T-stat, or Thermostat there are a couple of tricks and a couple of discussions.  I don't believe there is a formal "how-to" posted.

A tip: If you put the year and model of your ride in your signatures you'll get the best reponses sooner!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Welcome to EBPF ....   glad to have you on board  ! !

SRT8 asked the same question a few days ago , unfortunately there is not a how to on this here .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SwampRat

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Welcome! 

shogunal

I apologize for not doing an intro, thought i had. Only excuse I have is going through a few surgeries at Fort Knox and my Cane Corso just had 12 pups! So its nuttier than squirrel turd for me LOL. Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

ZSHO

re;install on 170 reicshe stat what position on install since original stat 180 has a nipple on it the 170 does not.thank all members your the best.2013 sho.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: zamirlihari on March 13, 2014, 10:21:38 AM
re;install on 170 reicshe stat what position on install since original stat 180 has a nipple on it the 170 does not.thank all members your the best.

Welcome to EBPF zamirlihari!!
:WELCOME:
Glad to have you aboard!
Great community here.  Look forward to sharing knowledge with you.

I'd recommend putting the at least the year and model of your ride... maybe summary of mods too, in your signature so you'll get the best answers quickly.

DJE624

Quote from: zamirlihari on March 13, 2014, 10:21:38 AM
re;install on 170 reicshe stat what position on install since original stat 180 has a nipple on it the 170 does not.thank all members your the best.2013 sho.

As far as I know, there is no positioning requirement.  You are the first person to bring it up and there have been a number of installs. 

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2280.0

SwampRat

If the brass  "thingy" at the bottom of the  Ford  t-stat pic is what you are talking about then I don't think it matters ..
The Reiche T-stat is not made this way ..

2021 Edge ST