• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

remote start

Started by Snacks15, February 16, 2014, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snacks15

somehow yesterday i lost my remote start fob. Its the middle of the winter and that thing saves me 20 minutes every morning. Can i get it replaced, the costof it  or am I totally screwed??
Theres no time like SHOTIME!!

SwampRat

Quote from: Snacks15 on February 16, 2014, 10:09:47 PM
somehow yesterday i lost my remote start fob. Its the middle of the winter and that thing saves me 20 minutes every morning. Can i get it replaced, the costof it  or am I totally screwed??

You should have gotten two when you bought the SHO .

If not you can buy em on Ebay and then go to a Ford dealer to program it for you .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Snacks15

Quote from: SwampRat on February 16, 2014, 10:22:52 PM

You should have gotten two when you bought the SHO .

If not you can buy em on Ebay and then go to a Ford dealer to program it for you .
i got 2 lock key things but just one remote start.. can i buy anyone or just my previous model

SwampRat

I must confess .. Ive never used the remote start .....
What year is you SHO  ?   mines a 13 .
does the Key Fob look like this ?

Remote start is built into it

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Your dealer has them.  You can have up to 4 remotes per vehicle.  The dealer can program them or you can do it it the car by inserting it in the receptacle inside the console box.  Directions start on page 64 of the '13 manual.  It is easy.  The remote may be $100-150... You could also order them from Ford, but likely it's quicker from your dealer

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: Snacks15 on February 16, 2014, 10:24:32 PM
i got 2 lock key things but just one remote start.. can i buy anyone or just my previous model

What year is your ride?

If the remote was not a factory remote start (I.E. a factory installed Ford Product) you may have to go to that manufacturer... Factory remote starts are part of the regular keyfob as far as I know... and as SR said, you should have two of them and nothing else.  If it's dealer installed it may be best to ask there.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

BiGMaC

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 16, 2014, 11:05:35 PM
Quote from: Snacks15 on February 16, 2014, 10:24:32 PM

What year is your ride?

If the remote was not a factory remote start (I.E. a factory installed Ford Product) you may have to go to that manufacturer... Factory remote starts are part of the regular keyfob as far as I know... and as SR said, you should have two of them and nothing else.  If it's dealer installed it may be best to ask there.

Here's a link to a post with the instructions from the manual for a 2013 SHO note the above info too:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1913.msg25572#msg25572

futat2

I don't think the OP has a 2013 from what he is saying.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

BiGMaC

Quote from: futat2 on February 17, 2014, 04:17:26 PM
I don't think the OP has a 2013 from what he is saying.
Agree... but got no response so posted it just in case... A bigger concern I have from his description is that it's aftermarket as far as remote start.

SHOdded

He has a "cherry red 2011" :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Snacks15

Hey guys I got my car detailed the other day and found my remote start ... U shoulda saw my face light up when I found it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Quote from: Snacks15 on February 26, 2014, 12:07:06 PM
Hey guys I got my car detailed the other day and found my remote start ... U shoulda saw my face light up when I found it

YAY!  :biggrin:

Snacks15

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 26, 2014, 12:21:37 PM
Quote from: Snacks15 on February 26, 2014, 12:07:06 PM

YAY!  :biggrin:
I was like a kid on Christmas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk