• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any regrets with your purchase?

Started by PokerMunkee, February 15, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

I've been dreaming of a SHO for a while now and wanting to pull the trigger in the next 6 months.

Was waiting for the '15 Legacy to see if they would put the 2.0T in it, but they failed.  So now I'm back at looking at a slightly pre-owned '13 SHO.  Seems like a bargain for what they go for these days ($30K).  Has options other cars in the class don't offer, like ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, and other gadgets.  I really like the look of the '13+ and a drop with H&R springs does wonders for the appearance.

Currently have a '12 Sonata Limited 2.0T but lease is up in 12 months and I really miss AWD.

Any regrets on your SHO purchases?  Do you wish you went with a Charter R/T AWD, TL SH-AWD, or G37x?

I'm a little worried about the reliability of the car, as I'd own it for 3+ years out of warranty.  Do you guys feel like these cars will go to 100k miles with under $1K in repairs?

Lastly, are you satisfied with the AWD performance?  Does it grip well with all-season tires in slippery conditions?

If you had $30K to buy a new or used car, would you buy the SHO or go with something else?

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

Quote from: PokerMunkee on February 15, 2014, 04:53:33 PM
Any regrets on your SHO purchases? 
Do you wish you went with a Charter R/T AWD, TL SH-AWD, or G37x?
Do you guys feel like these cars will go to 100k miles with under $1K in repairs?
Lastly, are you satisfied with the AWD performance? 
If you had $30K to buy a new or used car, would you buy the SHO or go with something else?

Welcome to EBPF!!  :WELCOME:

To answer the questions in order...
No regrets.
I drove a lot of cars including Lexus, Mopar, Infinity, BMW, C7, Acura.... I picked the SHO for the total package at half the price of the others comparably equipped.
Hope so... on member did just turn 100K with no out of warranty repairs.  Maintenance not included.
I feel stuck to the road.
Right now i'd buy another SHO so I could REALLY push the potential without risking my DD.

Cheers... Buy it, you'll never look back!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

itsacrazyasian

Do i regret my purchase? Absolutely not.

I've owned a C55 amg, warrenty nightmare. went from that to a brand new in 2006 IS350 that dropped a valve spring at 15K and lexus refused to warrenty the engine till i threated to sue. They replaced the motor and i started having constant transmission issues. It was lemon lawed for a IS250 which was GUTLESS and i promptly traded for a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 which spent over 90 days in service the 1st year i owned it. Having lost my butt on the chyrsler i bought a used P71 crown vic and piled over 300k on it. in 2010, i looked hard for a new sedan. I wound up with a new Genesis sedan V8. I called it a korean cadillac. Wonderful ride, powerful V8, great brakes but cant toss it around like my P71 or the 300. So i traded it for the SHO. I wished i waited for a PP car but i still love it. Other than a PTU its been great mechanically. Just the little stuff thats pissing me off like the chrome trim, how little room there is in the back seat and all the stuff that comes with an early build car. Would i do it again? Hell yes. The only other car i own that i like more is my S5 but thats totally different territory.

REDSHOCGO

I myself too have a 2.0t sonata..... which is actually now my wifes car. Do I have any regrets buying my sho? Well yes......wondering why the heck I waited so long to buy one :). Well I do not have a 2013 rather a 2010 with all the options available in 2010 I am truly in love with this car. You should see all the puzzled looks I get as I roar down the streets in this car which btw is a perfect sleeper. It is not only extremly fast but offers the comfort you'd expect in a 60000 car.
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

Honestly?
Ive been a Ford guy all of my life (I still have 3 in my garage) with the exception of a Chrysler 300 AWD, which was your typical no quality Chrysler product that I had so many problems from drive train to interior parts, it was unbelievable. Hey, I had to try one.
I then bought my first WRX. My first import. Then I bought my second WRX.
Now you cant compare a Taurus to a WRX. Two different types of cars.
But what you can compare is reliability
Ive seen people on here with wheel bearing problems, some kind of heater door problems and a few other problems. And Ive had very,VERY minor problems with my SHO. Ive never had any issues with either WRX.
It concerns me.
The Subarus was bullet proof.
With all of that being said, the SHO is an incredible car, especially after you install a tune.
obviously I bought the car because I wanted it. Maybe I should have done a little more research before I bought it. It may have changed my mind knowing some of the problems that occur on SOME of them at rather low mileage.
I really like the car but if I have to deal with wheel bearings , etc, I may not be with me for more than a couple of years. The problem is, if I sell it, theres no car, in its class, that I could replace it with.
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

BiGMaC

Check out repair frequency and system of the car repaired: http://www.truedelta.com/join

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Mikesb

My driveway = SHO, FUSION, F250, E250 and my boat has a stroked aluminum headed 351
I thing you should try an impala
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

Txstrmhntr

Former subaru guy here, had some 90's outbacks and legacys, and traded my 2004 Baja Turbo for my 2013 SHO. At first I was concerned about reliability as I grew up with the FORD= Fix or repair daily. But I will say Ford has made me a believer so far. Its luxurious, and surprisingly fun to drive for its size. And <knock on wood> hasnt given me any sort of issues yet (15k miles). My only regret... That I would have just bought it outright and not traded away my Baja :( I have a feeling the Turbo Baja is going to be hard to find sooner rather than later and may have been something to hang on too.
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

dmharvey79

When it comes to performance, handling, and comfort I love my '13 SHO...the car is a great family hauler that can really get up and go when you want to have some fun. When it comes to reliability my car has been total garbage, in the shop for repairs over 10% of the time since I bought it in September 2012. Based on my experiences, with both the car itself and with Ford's customer service, I doubt I'd buy the car again if I could go back. This is going to be my first and last new Ford.

explorergotoluvit

when you guys talk about the sho what is the PP mean?
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

dmharvey79

explorergotoluvit

what does that consist of in that package?
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

SwampRat

No regrets ... Love my SHO ...fun in the snow too  ..... Pretty competent at that !

Quote from: explorergotoluvit on February 15, 2014, 11:31:10 PM
what does that consist of in that package?

SHO Performance Package
For the discriminating automotive enthusiast, Ford offers the SHO Performance Package, which offers package-specific tuning to the suspension - including unique dampers and springs - that goes above and beyond the standard SHO. Other upgrades are even stronger brake pads and track-tuned calipers, a re-calibrated steering system, the ability to completely disable stability control, a 3.16 final drive ratio for improved acceleration, extreme-duty cooling, 20-inch machined and painted wheels and 245/YR20 performance summer tires.

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

PokerMunkee

Thanks, fellas!

I'm going to test drive the '15 WRX Limited CVT once it hits dealers.  If I lease a new car again, this or the upcoming Golf R DSG or Audi A3 will be my next vehicles.  If I go used, the '13 SHO is #1 on my list. 

Can't wait to get out of my Sonata.  It's just too plain.   The MPG is nice (avg 27) and the turbo puts me back in the seat, but ready to get back in a quick car again.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IHeartGroceries

The only possible cause for regret with this car for me will be if it stabs me in the back with unreliability. The car itself is excellent in many ways.

There's only a couple of vehicles that I truly might could sub out for the SHO, and those are the new Q Infiniti and the Cadillac ATS. Both excellent choices.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP